Really sketchy

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Okay, I was wondering about the legalities of sending a certain item in the mail or bringing it with me to the DR. My friend in the DR would like a bong. I was thinking of bringing it with me when I visit, but how would the officials in the DR look at it, even though it would be in my checked luggage?? I mean, in Canada, having a bong is sometimes a decoration in your house and not neccessarily in use. As well, if I sent the bong in the mail, would it be confiscated because of the implication of what it would be used for?? NOTE: It is wanted for aesthetic reasons, not for what it is meant to be used for.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Even if Dominican customs checks your bags and finds the bong before getting bored they will have no idea what it is. Tell them it is a penis pump, a humidifier or a vase depending on the style.

IMO sending it in the mail is much riskier.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Tell them it is a penis pump

LMAO...imagine Customs confiscating it for sure if they are told it is a penis pump...then trying to figure it out...

I really didn't need these kinds of visuals this early on a Monday, MrMike!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I'm not sure if drug paraphernalia is illegal the DR, but assuming it isn't illegal, I would make sure the bong you bring has not been used.

Years ago I brought a hookah over from the middle east (also strickly for aesthetic purposes :) ) and US customs gave me a hard time because it had been used.

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
I'm not sure if drug paraphernalia is illegal the DR, but assuming it isn't illegal, I would make sure the bong you bring has not been used.

Years ago I brought a hookah over from the middle east (also strickly for aesthetic purposes :) ) and US customs gave me a hard time because it had been used.

thanks a lot, this is really good info, I'll make sure I buy a new one.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
A word to the wise

Don't do it. You never know how they are going to react. But even if it is legal to bring in, don't assume the official at customs understands the law. If they catch on, they will try to scare you out of your available assets, at the very least. This is not a country to play games with when it comes to illegal drugs.

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Don't do it. You never know how they are going to react. But even if it is legal to bring in, don't assume the official at customs understands the law. If they catch on, they will try to scare you out of your available assets, at the very least. This is not a country to play games with when it comes to illegal drugs.

Wooo, you could be right. I never thought of that. Thanks

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
really sketchy

Wooo, you could be right. I never thought of that. Thanks

and if you get caught smoking pot...you are in deep deep trouble here on the island...these jails are beyond belief...and it will cost you a small fortune to fight it...if possible..take it from one who knows...a year minimum in the worst setting you can imagine...and if you have no friends here permanently to bring you food, you will starve to death...you do not need to put any suspicion on you...these police are very very competent and love to bust gringos on drug related things...
bob

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Hey, thanks, but I wasn't ever thinking of smoking on the island. I would be too terrified. The bong is for a friend in the DR, it would be like a gift, but I guess not.