Remake of the Road to Tamboril

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
On Friday, the long awaited rework of the "Carretera de Tamboril" finally began.
From the Alpha Plaza, on 27 de Febrero, work was commences with a vengence, digging the street( 2/3rds of it) to a depth of some 3 feet and filling with NEW dirt as a base for the eventual asphalt covering.
Only time will tell if the work will continue until completion of the"Project", but the start is very ambitious and seems to be in earnest.
Let's hope for the best andthat they don't run out of money soon.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Just an update to the original.
It is now well on to the weekend. Day before yesterday, the Cable and Telephone lines were ripped down by an overenthusiastic backhoe operator. We finally got the telephones back late today. Still no Cable. Aster is really an efficient organization?
There is only one place where the sewage and water lines need to be re-conected and thedeep hole filled and compaccted. Of course, the hole has no arning lights around it and last night a vehicle entered without authority. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured; just exceedingly embarassed over the matter. He was speeding and didn't see the hole until he was IN IT.
Otherwise work is progressing as well as can be expected on all fronts.
The "desvios" are becoming a bit tricky to navigate since people are placing blocks, tree stumps, etc in the fairway to prevent passage. Guess they don't like all that dusty traffic in their neighborhood.

Texas Bill

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I saw Palolo on ther roadway yesterday but I couldn't catchhim to say Hello!!

How you doin?

Got some books for you!

HB

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Veritas?

Tell me, Texas bill. If I order a steak in Texas, do I get the whole cow?..
HB, I'm booked on Delta from Nov 18 thru 26..just to see my BABY..oops. the devil made me do it..

zeus (primus inter pares)..;)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Tell me, Texas bill. If I order a steak in Texas, do I get the whole cow?..
HB, I'm booked on Delta from Nov 18 thru 26..just to see my BABY..oops. the devil made me do it..

zeus (primus inter pares)..;)

ZEUS;

Not the WHOLE STEER ( we seldom use COWS for beef, except in the canned variety ), but you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be cut correctly and will be tender. We age our beef a minimum of 2-3 weeks before even beginning to think about cutting into it. Nice and jucy.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
This is another update about the "Road to Tamboril"

After laying the new dirt and packing it down, the contractors dug it up again to lay the 36" concrete pipe forthe drain system. That went fairly well until someone discovered that they needed to connect to the curb-sites so the water would drain from the street into the pipes. O course that required hat they AGAIN dig up thestreet at each place where therae was to be a curb-site drain.
During all that digging, they managed to sever the "Agua negra" lines in several places in addition to severing the potable water lines. We really hada stinky mess around the neighborhood for a while thee. And not just in front of our complex either.
Then as the were putting down the final coat of dirt/gravel fill and packing it down, they managed to destroy 2/3 of the manholes and those had to be replaced.
Most of the work has been accomplished to date. It would seem that except for some minor reconstruction of manholes and curb-drains plus a couple of kilometers of curbing, the job is ready for the aplication of theasphalt topping.
Latest is that leonel isset to do the innaugueration on 27 de Febrero (that is also the name of the street that is being extended into the "Road to Tamboril".

Maybe SOMEDAY!!!!!

Texas Bill

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dang it Bill, you are one patient fellow!!

To have to put up with all of that mess just to get in and out of your house!!

Enjoyed the updates,however....

And it was very good to see you and Magarita at the Centro Le?n!!

HB

relaxed

Feb 18, 2006
Glad to know that road is almost done! I spent my summer there and had to pass that road almost daily! It was bad with all the dirt and alternate route and even worse when it rained!

C

Chip00

Yeah I know what you mean it is one big mess and should have been completed in November! You'd think they were building the space shuttle landing strip. Not only that every time I pass by there it looks as if there's a sand storm blowing through - except for when it rains - then it looks like a scene from the "Western Front" w/all the mud.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Well, after all is said and done, when the damn road is finished we'll have a very smooth ride for a few years at least.
At least the "Dust Bowl" will have had its finish, at last.
All this has been virtually "he##" but it will have been worth it in the long run.
One only has to be patient with Dominican constructions methods and the illogical methods used in building something. At least they get it done eventually and one wonders wha the fuss was all about!

I look forward to Leonel's visit and the innauguration of thenew "Road to Tamboril".

Texas Bill

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Well, after all is said and done, when the damn road is finished we'll have a very smooth ride for a few years at least.
At least the "Dust Bowl" will have had its finish, at last.
All this has been virtually "he##" but it will have been worth it in the long run.
One only has to be patient with Dominican constructions methods and the illogical methods used in building something. At least they get it done eventually and one wonders wha the fuss was all about!

I look forward to Leonel's visit and the innauguration of thenew "Road to Tamboril".

Texas Bill
Bill-I'll see you the week of 2/16. Maybe at the Ex Pat Club...;)

C

Chip00

It loolks like they are wrapping up the finishing touches finally. They've got all of the areas more or less asphalted and are as we speak putting the finish surfaces on a few remaining areas.

Remember, e' pa'lante que vamos!