DR in November

greenegirl

Sep 18, 2006
Hello, hello, hello.
I haven't at DR1 since 2003 when I planned our last trip to DR. It has been so long that I forgot my old login.

My husband and I are using our miles to return in mid-November and we plan on going back to Las Galeras and will likely again stay at a Juan Y Lolo guesthouse. This time we'll have more time in Las Galeras and I'd like to branch out to Las Terrenas and other areas.

Any recommendations for places similar to Juan y Lolo in Las Terrenas and also Las Galeras. Since we're not big fans of the all-inclusive scene, is it worth our energy to go to puerta plata or punta cana?

our plane gets into Santo Domingo early enough that we might be able to catch the 2:30 bus to Samana, but we'll definitely make the one at 4 p.m.

We're also in the market for a cheap but cheerful hotel for two nights in Santo Domingo on the back end of the trip. Last time we stayed in the Sofitel Frances Santo Domingo, but this time I'd like to stay somewhere else.
I just remembered, we'll also be celebrating our wedding anniversary during the trip so we might need a romantic but not overly expensive hotel in SD.

Thanks!

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Any recommendations for places similar to Juan y Lolo in Las Terrenas and also Las Galeras.
In Las Terrenas, a place similar as to "Juan y Lolo" properties is "Las Casitas en el Jardin Secreto" 4 Casitas in a tropical garden. Located on the street before Casa Nina on Punta Popi, first on the left when you coming from the beach.

Good luck,
WebDev

KPthree

Sep 23, 2006
The Beach is a great restaurant for a romantic lunch in a great setting, it is near Las Terennas in Coson. Sundays are too busy for a quiet lunch but during the week its great