How About Those Amazing Mets!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I remember watching that wonderful parade from the 6th floor of our office window in NYC. It was 1986 and the Mets had won the Baseball World Series!! I've been following on and off, but do you guys think they have a good chance of going to the world series? Please say it is possible, it would be so wonderful to see these guys celebrate their victory after working so hard this season. LET'S GO METS!!! LET'S GO METS!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I remember watching that wonderful parade from the 6th floor of our office window in NYC. It was 1986 and the Mets had won the Baseball World Series!! I've been following on and off, but do you guys think they have a good chance of going to the world series? Please say it is possible, it would be so wonderful to see these guys celebrate their victory after working so hard this season. LET'S GO METS!!! LET'S GO METS!

Now this is a thread that I can participate in! I love the Mets, and would love to see them go all the way...hey, anyone who has any doubt about what "heart" can do in baseball, has to think back to Boston's comeback to beat the Yankees and win the full meal deal. Of course, the Mets won't have Ortiz on their side, but the tale will be told...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Met fans. And to think I used to like you gals. :)

Hopefully, if all goes well we will have a repeat of 2000.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The man answers, "241."

"That is wonderful!" says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next, Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The lady answers, "144."

"That is great!", says Albert, "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!".

Albert then goes to another person and asks, "What is your IQ?"

The person answers, "51."

Albert ponders this for a moment, and then smiles and says,
"GO YANKEES"!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
For something_of_the_night:

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a New York Mets fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Mets fans too. Not
really knowing what a Mets fan is, but wanting to be liked by their teacher,
their hands fly into the air.

There is, however, one exception.
A little boy named Mike has not gone along with the crowd.
The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not a Mets fan" he retorts.
"Then," asks the teacher "what are you?"
"I'm a proud New York Yankees fan!" boasts the little boy.
The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red.
She asks Mike why he is a Yankees fan.
"Well, my Dad and Mom are Yankees fans, so I'm a Yankees fan too" he
responds.
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.
"What if your Mom was a moron, and your Dad was an idiot. What would you be
then?"
Mike says, "Then I'd be a Mets fan."

Disclaimer: Although I am a die-hard Yankee fan, unlike most Yankee fans, I do not hate the Mets or the Red Sox. The Yankee/Mets and Yankee/Red Sox rivalries are the best in baseball.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
what does Pedro Martinez and Michael Jackson have in common ? they both love to "beat it"......LOL

Mikethe1&only

Jul 14, 2006
Go Yankees

Yes.

We will have a repeat of the Subway Series of 2000 except the Yankees will sweep the Mets!!!!

We will have no mercy this time.

Just my 2 cents.

I have been a Yankee fan all my life. Yes the Yankees have many World Series championships, but another one would not hurt.;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Mets have been known to give a few surprises. They always come through at the last minute. Go mets!!

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
A ventriloquist from Georgia took his act on the road to New York City.

After about twenty minutes of performing joke after joke about northerners, a New York Yankee fan in the audience stood up and said, "I'm sure tired of you southerners makin' fun of us Yankee folks and always tryin'
to make us look stupid. If you don't stop it right now I'm going to
come up there and shut you up!"

The ventriloquist said," Take it easy buddy, they're just jokes." The NY Yankee fan replied, "You stay out of this...I'm talkin' to that little loudmouth on your lap!"

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Didn't the Yankees kick the Mets' asses in 2000 in the World Series?

And what exactly does this have to do with the DR? Wonder why this thread is allowed to survive while others that are unrelated as well are allowed to remain open for discussion.

Miguel, I don't know why you do it to yourself. You're wasting your time here.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

And what exactly does this have to do with the DR? Wonder why this thread is allowed to survive while others that are unrelated as well are allowed to remain open for discussion.

its in the Dominicans Abroad thread and and its about the MEts where there are many Dominicans baseball players and even the manager, Omar Minaya is Dominican, he is the manager, right? anyway .......and there are Dominican baseball players in the Yankees too.

btw: just realized this was moved from the Dominicans Abroad to Dominican Baseball forum.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Hey toneloc24, buddy, what's up?. I thought you had "boycotted" this forum?.

Are you talking about my thread closed my Cleefy because it was about the Yankees and had no Dominincan content?.

You are right, "why I do it to myself". I will do as you did: Stop posting on this forum until we ALL can be objectives.

Glad to see you back.

And btw, and to make it thread related, GO METS, just don't "GO'" against Yankees. haha!.

I really don't post on this site too much anymore. I still stop by to read some, when I'm bored, mostly in the travel section. I'm signing off again after one more post.

Yeah, objectivity isn't the strongest point on this forum. I can abstain from it. The deafening silence on the board stems from the fact that since the Red Sox have been sucking, there's been little to say. Then you say something pumping the Yankees, who also have Dominican players, and get shut down. About as fair and balanced as Fox Nexs. I can live without it.

I wish the Mets and Omar well. They need a strong Pedro back to make a deep run into the playoffs. The NL was a very weak league this year. The Mets just capitalized. Good for them. However, the Yankees will exploit and expose the Mets, just like the Yankees did the Red Sox this year.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
its in the Dominicans Abroad thread and and its about the MEts where there are many Dominicans baseball players and even the manager, Omar Minaya is Dominican, he is the manager, right? anyway .......and there are Dominican baseball players in the Yankees too.

btw: just realized this was moved from the Dominicans Abroad to Dominican Baseball forum.

Omar Minaya.....is the general manager. Willie Randolph is the manager. There are now 5 Dominicans on the Mets roster, 4 of whom were part of the normal roster. The Yankees now have 3, not including ARod.

No one mentioned ANYTHING about the Dominican Republic, Omar Minaya, Jose Reyes, etc....until I mentioned the DR in my sarcastic post. Go back and look. Miguel's thread on the Yankees was closed, while this is allowed to be open. There is/was no difference. Neither had anything to do with Dominican ballplayers, nor the contributions of individual Dominicans. They were just celebrating the accomplishments of two North American baseball teams.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Omar Minaya.....is the general manager. Willie Randolph is the manager. There are now 5 Dominicans on the Mets roster, 4 of whom were part of the normal roster. The Yankees now have 3, not including ARod.

No one mentioned ANYTHING about the Dominican Republic, Omar Minaya, Jose Reyes, etc....until I mentioned the DR in my sarcastic post. Go back and look. Miguel's thread on the Yankees was closed, while this is allowed to be open. There is/was no difference. Neither had anything to do with Dominican ballplayers, nor the contributions of individual Dominicans. They were just celebrating the accomplishments of two North American baseball teams.

thanks for the clarification on Omar Minaya. My intention and I believe the intention of the other thread on the Yankees was to talk about the Dominican Baseball players that are on the teams and their contribution to their teams successes. I'm upset too that it was closed. I wish it could be reopen and we all can discuss our great baseball players. Maybe it was too territorial since there are so many other great baseball players in other baseball teams.

Can anyone name the other Dominican baseball players and their respective teams?

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
I'm upset too that it was closed. I wish it could be reopen and we all can discuss our great baseball players. Maybe it was too territorial since there are so many other great baseball players in other baseball teams.

Can anyone name the other Dominican baseball players and their respective teams?

Well, M.A.R., the problem with the NYY fans is that they lack a sense of humor, other than rellosk, that is. Also, they resort to the same, old, tired line regarding the number of championships. Most of their threads turn into a "it's about ME" thingy.

Being a Yankee fan is too easy, no imagination involved; it's like rooting for Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, or John Wayne in old western films.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
What's the difference?

Both this thread and the "congrats to Omar.." are one-in-the-same, or at least should be. I was hoping this one would die out and the other could serve as the ground on which discussion could proliferate. Would you prefer I merge them?

Omar has everything to do with the DR, that's where the other is headed. If this needs to be closed to satisfy the masses, then so be it.