Where can I buy a copy of this "controversial" magazine?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Would like to see the product.

As advertised in the DR ad section.......

"Fabulous Media Group, S.A. will release its new publication, VF Magazine, with an island-wide combined indirect monthly circulation of 80,000 on September 16,2006. This new alternative lifestyle magazine will be the most controversial and provocotive publication in the history of the Dominican Republic."

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I would guess that you can wait for the Monday edition of any newspaper and read about the Cardinal condemning it, and urging a total ban, and asking for new legislation against it. It will probably also be the topic of the day (or the week) on most morning news programs.

And the Cardinal still won't bother with saying anything about "Sucesos" magazine (60 glossy pages with full page, full color photos of the latest gory murders, accidents, and death in the street) being sold in the streets, or in asking dominicans to go to Mass..... priorities, I guess.

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Question

I saw that advertisement too. I just wanted to know, what kind of controversial information is in this magazine?? Also, does anyone know if there is an internet site for it??

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
According to a friend in the capital, VF is Vida Fabulosa. Alternative lifestyle magazine targeting the "don't ask - don't tell" market. No idea where you'd find one. Maybe ask at church on Sunday? :cheeky:

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Word on the street is that................

..................all 80,000 copies are between AZB's and Robs offices for distribution......hahahahahahahahahahah