Must do's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2006
Ok, I will be staying in Cabarete and partying at night. We aren't going until June, and I don't really want to know where to party. I'm assuming since they are all out on the beach, it shouldn't be hard. I'll ask about where to go in Sosua though(and later on next year because things change).

Main question: During the day, what are the must do's?
My group is always up for exploring. I see there are mountain bike trips and river rafting(Do you really need to know how to swim? Silly question, I know. But I really want to go!). How do you Kiteboard? Requires swimming too?

I found a nice snorkeling trip, and I am going to do the horseback riding on the beach. Where exactly is it?

We would like to go to other places aside from Cabarete in the day. Like , what should we do in Sosua? Would we be able to go to Santo DOmingo? I think Punta Cana is too far. Puerto Plata looks beautiful. Are there trips to go out there?
I want to visit the museums and learn about the History.I also want to see the waterfalls and maybe the countryside. I want us to experience the awe of the mountains. Must see beaches? We aren't driving by the way.
All sugestions are welcomed.
Thanks
Princessa~

Sep 15, 2006
Do you need to know how to swim? I was never taught and I'm prone to near drowning incidents...

I've seen mention of Damwaguan and I'll check out where it is or how to get there.
Thanks.
Princessa~

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
swimming

i just want to add ..i do know how to swim and i went to the waterfalls( beauitiful) but i did get pulled under by the current .it was strong enough that i got scared and diddnt go any further ...but it is very pretty and worth the walk just be carefull
also went on a jeep safari in the mountains and stuff was very nice
tracy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That's Damajagua, by the way

You wrote: I want to visit the museums and learn about the History.I also want to see the waterfalls and maybe the countryside. I want us to experience the awe of the mountains.

I answer: There are at least three you might enjoy
1) Ambar Museum in Puerto Plata
2) Centro León in Santiago, the most modern cultural center in Latin America
3) Museo Folklorico Tomás Morel, also in Santiago.

Of course, you are trying to do a lot of things so plan carefully.

So slow.

HB

Sep 15, 2006
That's Damajagua, by the way

You wrote: I want to visit the museums and learn about the History.I also want to see the waterfalls and maybe the countryside. I want us to experience the awe of the mountains.

I answer: There are at least three you might enjoy
1) Ambar Museum in Puerto Plata
2) Centro Le?n in Santiago, the most modern cultural center in Latin America
3) Museo Folklorico Tom?s Morel, also in Santiago.

Of course, you are trying to do a lot of things so plan care(fully.

So slow.

HB

Yeah, we only have 7 days to do things(not including the day of arrival and departure) I want to do the most suggested adventures for at least 4/5 of them. I'm good at planning these things out too. We went to Cancun lastyear and did a different thing everday, including culture, and hit up the clubs every single night. By Tuesday , it felt like we were there for a week but we were never tired. We still talk about how much we did in just that week and how it didn't seem like much.
So, I'm going to keep it to an excursion a day. Maybe jet skiing/snorkeling one day, Museum the next, Waterfalls a must. etc.
I am taking note of all of your suggestions. Keep 'em coming!
Thanks
Princessa~

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Rio Damajagua now requires everyone to wear a helmet and life jacket, no exceptions. You can't get pulled under.

One of the greatest natural trips in the DR, IMO. I've done it 3 times now. Take the long tour if you're in good physical condition.

Sep 15, 2006
goodie

Rio Damajagua now requires everyone to wear a helmet and life jacket, no exceptions. You can't get pulled under.

One of the greatest natural trips in the DR, IMO. I've done it 3 times now. Take the long tour if you're in good physical condition.

That is very god to know!! I had a life vest on when I went snorkeling and I was still freakin gout inthe water, afraid of drowning. After 5 mins, I was busy with the fishies.I'm def. going to do it.

I know I shouldn't go water rafting though, right? Right.
Now Kiteboarding, that looks like so much fun and I know the Laurel site is where I am staying. Is this just being in the air and flying? I've only seen pictures. Can you do the sail surfing thing with a life vest?
Who does Jet skiing?
Do they have dinner cruises?
Question, Questions Questions..
Princessa~

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As you get closer to your arrival date, we can talk. Depending on when you decide to come to Santiago, maybe i can help you a bit, since Santiago is not a tourist oriented city...nice, but they don't see a lot of tourists..

Let me know.

HB

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Ocean World and Santiago. Got it. Please tell me, who are the reputable touring companies that will pick you up to go to these places?
Thanks
Chelle
You may contact my friend Martin Espinal, the owner of Isaira Tours Isaira Tours - Dominican Republic , at espinal30@msn.com He or Maritza or Jami will set you up with a customized tour which will include all you want it to at whatever pace you are comfortable.

Tell him Gregg sent you.

Have a great trip.

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.