Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotels to stay in Puerto Plata area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotels to stay in Puerto Plata area

Hello everybody.

I am a single guy in my early 30s and i'm looking to have a few days' vacation in Puerto Plata area in late November/early December.

The internet is filled with offers of vacation packages to DR but i'm not exactly looking to spend time in a place full of families with kids if you know what i mean.

Being that it's my first time,can someone enlighten me on which hotels have the better 'bring the guest in' policy and how much extra this may cost me.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many many hotels, but more importantly, I suspect you are flying into POP airport, but would not want to stay in the actual Puerto Plata city.
    Sosua & Cabarete would be much better choices for a single tourist.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Field of Dreams Inn across the street from Playa Dorado. Perfect place for a newbie. Billy is the proprietor, and is a great guy (also a Member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame). He can show you the ropes and has great contacts in the area. The prices are very, very reasonable.

F. o D. Hotel

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I would second that - Field of Dreams is a great place!

Have Fun - and really Billy is a great guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot guys for helping out a newbie.
    Looks like the Field of Dreams Inn is the place to go.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what you'r really looking for, but may be Marco can give you good advices depending of what you wanna pay...

Restaurant - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic or
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sosuainfoclub/messages

alain

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Field of Dreams are more or less in the middle of nowhere. In Sosua you have plenty of opportunities. I'll guess Hotel Europa or The new garden hotel would suit you perfect.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Field of Dreams is not "in the middle of nowhere" - it is directly across from Playa Dorada. It is easy access to all kinds of places, beaches, restaurants, nightclubs etc. They are guest friendly and have a good restaurant right on the premises and a pool. All rooms are air conditioned and have an in room safe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he would find anything of interess for him within walking distance.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

FoD would be a good choice for a newbie traveling alone to the DR for the first time. If he becomes hardened and fearless dealing with street scum, scam artists and putas, he might want to stay in the middle of Sosua next time.

Billy takes care of his guests with sound advice, great guidance and even transportation. He is the quintessential host.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast