Does anyone know the process of surveying

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
I would like to know how it happens, how much it costs and how long does it take.
Are there different types of surveyers and what means their CODIA-number?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) CODIA is the official engineers, architechs and surveyors syndicate. They guarantee that the person is what he says he is...

2) Costs vary with the work to be done.

Where are you located? There are good, bad and horrid types for this work...

HB

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
We live in Sosua area and the primery measuring has already done when we bought the land but it seems to be long operacion and someone told me that it also needs a lawyer, for what?

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier!

Having YOUR OWN SURVEY done before the purchase of any land is right up there with the TITLE SEARCH as the first things needed to be researched.

If you accept someone else's definition of what you are buying without verifying the boundarys and making sure they match the legal descriptions for that particular parcel you are opening your self up to many potential problems, which here mean $$ wasted.

Also having your own survey done before the purchase could save you money directly on that purchase.

For example, alot of " old titles " of oceanfront tracts could show boundarys up to a maritime zone of 5m from the high water mark. Today that zone is 60m. Therefore, if you were purchasing a tract that included say 1500 sq m within the zone you could ask the seller to discount that acreage as it " legally canot be sold ".

How to find a good surveyor ? If I did not have the one we have been using of over 20 years in the family I would again recomend going to a couple of banks where you live. Find out who the Banks are using and if the same names show up you have a starting point.

kFrancisco de Cabral