Coming to Sosua from Punta Cana or Santo-Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

batich

A friend of mine wants to visit me in Sosua. Coming from Europe.
Wants only direct flight. Hated being 5 hours in Frankfurt during her previous trip.
No direct flight from her country is available to PP nor Santiago.
Only to Punta Cana or Santo Domingo.

From which of them a bus trip to Sosua will be shorter and more convenient? How far is Caribe Tours station from aeroport in Santo Domingo and in Punta Cana?

Which of these two options will you recommend?

THank you!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
SDQ is a lot closer, and you can make it to the Caribe Tour bus station from the airport in 30 minutes, then a 4 1/2 bus ride to Sosua, total cost approx. $30 US.
Punta Cana is an all day adventure ride, unless you fly.

B

batich

SDQ is a lot closer, and you can make it to the Caribe Tour bus station from the airport in 30 minutes, then a 4 1/2 bus ride to Sosua, total cost approx. $30 US.
Punta Cana is an all day adventure ride, unless you fly.

Thank you!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
SDQ would definately be MUCH easier.

I have to say that while I understand why people don't like long layovers in airports, if the alternative is to spend an equivelant amount of time (plus a bit more money) traveling on arrival in the country to get to my ultimate destination, I'll take the layover every time and try to use the time to get some rest.

B

batich

I have to say that while I understand why people don't like long layovers in airports, if the alternative is to spend an equivelant amount of time (plus a bit more money) traveling on arrival in the country to get to my ultimate destination, I'll take the layover every time and try to use the time to get some rest.

I am of the same opinion. Hopefully she changes her mind.

B

batich

Price for direct to SDQ or PC is about $500 cheaper for her than last time she paid to PP.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds strange. Are you sure she has investegated all options ? Both LTU and Condor from Germany, and Martinar from Amsterdam flies both to PC and POP, and I think the prices should be exacty the same to both destinations.

B

batich

Sounds strange. Are you sure she has investegated all options ? Both LTU and Condor from Germany, and Martinar from Amsterdam flies both to PC and POP, and I think the prices should be exacty the same to both destinations.

You are correct.

But she doesnot want to have stops in Amsterdam or Germany or Paris, and direct flights from her country go only to SDQ and PC (charter).

B

batich

I know.
She travels with a company.
If sola - no way I`d allow her to go this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.