Boutique Don Emilo??

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hello this is my second post on this site. I posted this same question but on the wrong forum, by accident I posted on the southwest coast. OOPS!! Does anyone have any information on this hotel? I have been to Boca Chica for the last 10 years. Having stayed at Hotel Garant, Terraza del Caribe, Casa Coco, Donjuan, and the Hamaca. I haven't found to much info on the DonEmlio as of yet. If anyone has stayed there or knows of anyone who has, I would really appreciate the feedback on this hotel!! I have booked a 2 week stay here at the end of October as I know it's the best part of the beach. Many thanks for any info..

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Hi Lizzard. I have booked as well for June 2007. I cannot find much info either and have not met anyone who has stayed there. It appears to be pretty nice though. Try contacting R. Motta at the Hotel. He may be able to give you more info.
When you get back please give us the scoop!

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hi Robin'sGirl. Thanks for your comment. I have contacted R. Motta a couple of times during the last few months. He has contacted me on a couple of matters. I was just hoping to hear a little feedback on this hotel. I will be leaving in 3 weeks. Hope to have a great vacation!!! Upon returning from Boca Chica a will post my findings on this property. I'm sure all will be great. Looking forward to 2 weeks of sun and fun in the D.R. Thanks again.

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Oh ! Take pictures too :)
I did find out that the family that owns the Hotel lives in NYC. I know, useless info LOL...

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
I found a total of 1 review !

Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
Date of Holiday: Aug 2004
Tour Operator: Not Specified
Submitted By: Mr Daniel Westfield
Overall Rating: 10/10
Comments: My wife and I just returned from a very enjoyable trip to the Dominican Republic and to the Hotel Boutique Don Emilio and we are just fascinated!. Everything was wonderful, starting from the big rooms with great views of the Caribbean Sea to the excellent food. The staff, from the very kind and attentive manager Mr. Bismar who seems to speak better English than most people I know to the bartenders (thanks Jose, Sonia and Joel),will pamper you from the moment that you arrive. This is a very intimate and exclusive hotel that truly deserves its category of hotel boutique. We?ll definitely come back.

I forgot the name of the website though....
Enjoy your vacation!

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
:bunny: Hi Robinsgirl: Thanks for your reponses I too found a review of the Donemlio but like you cannot remember the web site. It was from a lady who stayed at the Cora Hamaca with her daughter, but apparently they walked to the beach at the Donemlio everyday to rent a chair because the beach is so much nicer here than at the Hamaca behind that awful wall amongst thousands of tourists. Apparently she had a late night flight on her last night and had to leave for the airport at a 3 in the morning. The manager at the Donemlio gave her a room at half rate for her last night. She said she would definitley stay at this hotel on her next trip to Boca Chica!! Thanks again.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Boutique Donemilio

The hotel is built on sacred ground, the site of Ronnie's Beach House.

:bunny: I have been going to Boca Chica for the last 10 years at least once a year. I remember renting beach chairs from this place where the Donemilio now sits. But I'm not sure if this is the place you are speaking of?? I know there was a building there but for some reason I can't remember it. Please refresh my memory again. Many thanks once again.

DR travel woman

Oct 5, 2006
Hotel Botique Don Emilio-Bocha Chica

Don't do it! I recently visited the Dominican Republic for the 6th time and went to Bocha Chica ( 3rd visit, 2nd hotel experience. ) This time I choose to stay at Hotel Boutique Don Emilio based on the information in Lonely Planet. I am unsure why this hotel was placed in the "top end" as it is a dump. In paticular, the bathroom was substandard. Anyway, the bath tub was disgusting! It needed to be replaced. It was like someone dumped acid on the bottom of the tub. Also, the water pressure sucked. The towels also needed to be updated. The room I could bear but it was nothing special at all. I had asked to be moved that night & was told there was no other rooms ( I stayed the night of 9/16/06.) When I spoke to the front desk in the morning they would not discount. They were not paticularly nice. I paid $80 with tax and the room was not worth more than $40 at best. If I had paid $40 I would have been happy. But not $80. The experience at this hotel was horrible and I would not want anyone else to be disappointed.

The only good thing is the location right on the beach. if you could only sleep and bath on the beach!

As a side note, the Hilton was nice at Bocha Chica ( March 2006). But very Westernized. & expensive.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
So what's the story Celt ?

I haven't read this thread in a couple of days. Ronnie's Beach House was a little dump of a bar run by a Boston transplant. I found it a great place to hang out and chat up ex-pats when I used to come here on vacation years ago. Ronnie and his partners sold the property about four or five years ago and the Don Emilio was built in the site.

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Michelle, thank you for your review. I have requested additional photos form the Hotel.
Celt, thanks for the history lesson !

vera

May 23, 2006
Yeah in other words it is rip off DON EMILIO!
next time you go to Boca Chica if you do not go for the worng desperate reasons, do not speak to any locals or natives, keep to yourself for your own safety and so that you can return to the country of your destination and so that you can use you return ticket!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Yeah in other words it is rip off DON EMILIO!
next time you go to Boca Chica if you do not go for the worng desperate reasons, do not speak to any locals or natives, keep to yourself for your own safety and so that you can return to the country of your destination and so that you can use you return ticket!

Time to increase the dosage on your meds. :rolleyes:

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hi all:
Just returned from Boca Chica Nov 9th. Had a great 2 week holiday and was more than happy with Boutique Don Emilio. The cost of $75 US with a great breakfast for two people was Ok with me. I know you can stay at many cheaper places but to me nothing beats the location and how Don Emilio and his family made me and my mother feel like family. I am going back for 2 more weeks in February and definitley will stay at this hotel. Having so many local friends its the ideal place for me and the best part of the beach in Boca Chica I think. Can't wait to return!!!

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Lizzard, do you have a phone number for the Hotel or Roberto? Had a reservation for june but cancelled and now want to stay a few days in january.
How were the rooms ?

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hi Robin'sGirl:
The phone number is 1 809 523-5270. Roberto no longer is the manager of the Don Emilio, while we were there from October 26th - November 9th Don Emilio and his family were there but apparrently they now have new management in place. The family was still there when we came home. But as I said have been to Boca Chica for 10 years and stayed at many places including AI,S. But I will definatley go back in February. If you want a reservation for January call soon as apparrenly the hotel gets busy at this time. I know the price is high compared to most hotels in Boca Chica but to me location on the beach is most important for my holiday. We felt like family at this hotel and can't wait to go back!!!