Puerto Plata Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am amazed at how much sand they brought in.
There are many areas along the malecon that are nice and convenient for people to enjoy.
335aa84.jpg

47u1842.jpg

44btzi8.jpg

42taw5s.jpg

34pb72s.jpg

33n8dbq.jpg

2vn0tgn.jpg

2rwuc05.jpg

2m3jjtd.jpg

2lu3y8h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

batich

What is going on with Long Beach?

Those quiet small bars were beautiful place to sit with a beer watching the sea and doing little lazy chat-chut with a couple of occasional chicas.

This woman still sells coconuts on the corner near politure? Or they forced her away too?

What a shame!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Nice pictures, but isn't the water there totaly polluted ?

My understanding is that as a part of the total rehabilitation of the beach, the sewer pipe which was polluting the water has been extended well off shore.

Excellent pictures. One of the negatives of Puerto Plata has always been the lack of a usable public beach. This appears to no longer be the case.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My understanding is that as a part of the total rehabilitation of the beach, the sewer pipe which was polluting the water has been extended well off shore.

Excellent pictures. One of the negatives of Puerto Plata has always been the lack of a usable public beach. This appears to no longer be the case.
I'm with Tor on this one.
I'm not sticking my big toe in that water for many years.
Firstly, I don't believe everything "they" say, and secondly, that level of contamination doesn't just disappear overnight.
Nature needs a few to several years to clean up.
Lastly, are we to understand, that none of the hotels in Playa Dorada are dumping into the ocean?
PS: Nice pics, Malibook. Thanks.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Interesting point Rocky, I wonder how long it will take to clean out the pollution. I was told by one supervisor of the job that the sewage outflows were in fact extended well out into the ocean. NOt sure that is true - but if it is does that effect Costambar and possibly Cofresi beaches?

2 of my friends were down on Long Beach yesterday afternoon. I was there and took a number of photos as well. Both of my friends went swimming - not something I am as yet prepared to do. Someone needs to buy a truck load of beach chairs to rent out!

I will see if I can find out where the hotels in Playa Dorada dump their sewage.

B

batich

Once I was in Swiss Jardin during a big shower and saw first hand WHAT goes into ocean from the city!!!

Since then I will never even touch water in PP.

REgarding Playa Dorada hotels, there is a small and VERY dirty river going into ocean between PP and hotel complexes area. It looks like all hotel sewage goes to the ocean through it. About one mile and a half before the first of Playa Dorada beaches.

I used to live in Portofino and for swimming ran on the beach all the way to Playa Dorada every morning.
Healthy 5 miles run.

So I had to "cross" this ugly little river two times every day and "remember" it VERY well.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Once I was in Swiss Jardin during a big shower and saw first hand WHAT goes into ocean from the city!!!

Since then I will never even touch water in PP.

REgarding Playa Dorada hotels, there is a small and VERY dirty river going into ocean between PP and hotel complexes area. It looks like all hotel sewage goes to the ocean through it. About one mile and a half before the first of Playa Dorada beaches.

I used to live in Portofino and for swimming ran on the beach all the way to Playa Dorada every morning.
Healthy 5 miles run.

So I had to "cross" this ugly little river two times every day and "remember" it VERY well.
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Thanks Batich.
I bet Keith would be interested to know about this in the Environment forum.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Next to the area where the restaurant "Cosita Buena" is located there is some kind of sewage outlet there. If you face the ocean looking at the sculpture of the man on the island, its on the left side of the restaurant. Is that still there. I believe its a sewage outlet. If it is I regret bathing there 3 months ago.:ermm:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes, Rocky, I am. Thanks for alerting me to it. Now, the question you all expect from me by now -- anyone want to do a guest photo-blog on this for the Green Team? :cheeky:
Sounds like a job for Batich.
Did you see his post?
He jogged FIVE miles!
I might jog to my car door, but that's it for me.
If I can't drive to this place, count me out as photographer.

B

batich

Sounds like a job for Batich.
Did you see his post?
He jogged FIVE miles!
I might jog to my car door, but that's it for me.
If I can't drive to this place, count me out as photographer.

Please do not lough!
It was everyday routine for three weeks.

Wake up.
Go down to Long Beach to drink 2-3 cocos from her.

Then leaving clothes with the coco seller and running to Playa Dorada. Stretching and swimming there. Then run back. Another 2-3 cocos. Back to Portofino. Shower. Lunch.

I was in better shape than ever (even 25 years ago).

PLease, try it for yourself just for one week only.

(If the seller is still sells cocos at the same place she will witness every word of mine)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Please do not lough!
It was everyday routine for three weeks.

Wake up.
Go down to Long Beach to drink 2-3 cocos from her.

Then leaving clothes with the coco seller and running to Playa Dorada. Stretching and swimming there. Then run back. Another 2-3 cocos. Back to Portofino. Shower. Lunch.

I was in better shape than ever (even 25 years ago).

PLease, try it for yourself just for one week only.

(If the seller is still sells cocos at the same place she will witness every word of mine)
No way would I laugh at you doing that.
Quite the contrary, I admire and respect you for doing it.
Any chance you would jog out there again one day to get pics of the polluting river?

B

batich

No way would I laugh at you doing that.
Quite the contrary, I admire and respect you for doing it.
Any chance you would jog out there again one day to get pics of the polluting river?

I promise I will do it in about two-three weeks. I will stop by in Playa Dorada and walk from there. It will be closer than from PP.

You cannot imagine the stuff that this small river carries into the ocean!

And there is no any bridge. So one has to cross it above the knees in the "WATER" (I do not know how to call this liquid)!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I promise I will do it in about two-three weeks. I will stop by in Playa Dorada and walk from there. It will be closer than from PP.

You cannot imagine the stuff that this small river carries into the ocean!

And there is no any bridge. So one has to cross it above the knees in the "WATER" (I do not know how to call this liquid)!
Thanks Batich.
I assume you have a digicam.
If you do, does it do video too?
If you don't, you can drop by here and borrow mine.
Marco.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Long Beach is no more.......................

What is going on with Long Beach?

Those quiet small bars were beautiful place to sit with a beer watching the sea and doing little lazy chat-chut with a couple of occasional chicas.

This woman still sells coconuts on the corner near politure? Or they forced her away too?

What a shame!

Looks like London 1943, just ruble. I drive by there every morning on my way to work and have not seen the coconut lady, I suppose they ran her off too.
The front of the Malecon has one Palm tree left with a sign attached reading in English property for sale. contact Pellegrin family, local telephone number.

Larry (A.K.A.Gringo)

B

batich

Thanks Batich.
I assume you have a digicam.
If you do, does it do video too?
If you don't, you can drop by here and borrow mine.
Marco.

Yes it has this feature. Honest, I never used it. Will try. It is not nuclear science.

Status
Not open for further replies.