Plaza Europa Guest House Apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Has anyone stayed at The Plaza Europa Guest House Apartments.
Thinking of spending a month of my forthcoming 2 month visit in Sosua and considering a 2 bedroom apartment there. Are they in a central position and possibly convenient for breakfast at Rockys.
Regards
Keith

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Europa is only a few minutes walk from Rockys, ask most anyone and they can point you in the right direction.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Are You Bringing The Whole Family????

I stay at the Hotel Europa in Sosua. The area is VERY "Hooker Friendly" if you know what I mean???? I see,(And especially HEAR!!) lots of very late night traffic in that area! Good for me,Bad for you!!!!;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
SUCKS..it'll be the longest two months of your life. Saying that it's "hooker friendly" is a understatement..it's like the Wild West. If you plan on a two month stay ..look for someplace that gives you a little peace and quiet. Why two bedroom?

Kevyboy

May 12, 2005
The guest house is across the sidestreet from the Europa Hotel. I stayed there last year, it is ok, nothing special. It will get a little tiring and the other comments here are correct. There are lots of other condos around.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry to say it, but in the above statements there is a lot of bull****. I can assure everybody that the guest house is NOT flowing of prostitutes. Most appartments are now owned by Russian families that also lives there. It is very nice and quiet despite the very central location. The pool area is very nice, a hidden oase.
I can't understand the hookers in the area can bother so much either. The truth is that for the moment Domino is totally dead, Allegria is totally dead, at Four roses there is usually hanging out som people, but not many hookers.
It's the low season, so it can change, but I can't see it should be any big problem anyway.

Sorry to say it, but in the above statements there is a lot of bull****. I can assure everybody that the guest house is NOT flowing of prostitutes. Most appartments are now owned by Russian families that also lives there. It is very nice and quiet despite the very central location. The pool area is very nice, a hidden oase.
I can't understand the hookers in the area can bother so much either. The truth is that for the moment Domino is totally dead, Allegria is totally dead, at Four roses there is usually hanging out som people, but not many hookers.
It's the low season, so it can change, but I can't see it should be any big problem anyway.

Hey Tor I think you need to get your rose colored glasses off and realize that the Europa is probably located on one of the biggest whore corners in the western hemisphere!!!! Every women you see on that corner is a a whore and yes it is low season right now but they will be back.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I was primarily talking about what's going on inside the guesthouse. Whats going on outside, I'm perfectly aware of. I have been here since 1999, and know what's going on. I pointed out that they don't bother me, cant understand that they bothers other either, most otf them are nice and harmless girls.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I think you should re-consider Sosua altogether if the sight of hookers bothers you ! Of course there are always some hang around Europa but it would be hard to avoid them anywhere else in the center of Sosua.... (with all the bars, clubs etc.)

I stayed at the Guest House side (opposite side of the Hotel) and it was not too bad (standards are not that good but for the location and price you pay that is what you get). Very close to everything and no noise problem when I was there last Dec. Generator was coming on after a few seconds and the small pool was looked after. Security was a bit questionable, make sure you lock up everything in the safe and lock up your door at all times and it should be fine.

The hotel side is much busier and is not for the fainthearted - although some people love it !?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and besides with the new curfew in place, the girls actually go home earlier than they normally would. so the all night traffic is not as much...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The hotel side is much busier and is not for the fainthearted - although some people love it !?
I stayed upstairs in the back once. Really nice room, but the damn generator must have cranked up 10 times throughout the night. Sounded like it was just out the door.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Have the answers resolved your inquiry, or do you need alternate suggestions?

I think so, I am not a fussy person, as long as its clean, reasonably quiet and central for shops etc it will be acceptable. $1190US for a two bedroom apartment for 51 nights sounds very reasonable to me? but if you can recommend anywhere better it would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Keith

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think so, I am not a fussy person, as long as its clean, reasonably quiet and central for shops etc it will be acceptable. $1190US for a two bedroom apartment for 51 nights sounds very reasonable to me? but if you can recommend anywhere better it would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Keith
The only suggestion I have, is the following.
Upon arrival, offer to pay 2 or 3 days in advance, explaining that you want to be sure you like where you are for the entire 51 day stay.
Then after a day or two, if all is well, pay them the balance.
If not, you may pay a higher rate for those few days you stayed there, but at least you won't be tied down to something you don't like.
One man's paradise could be someone else's hell, as you can tell from the varying opinions expressed in this thread.
I am guessing that you will be fine there, but it sure doesn't hurt to play it safe and not commit all of your money until you have tested the waters.
In the event that you are not happy there, it won't be difficult to find you a good alternative in town.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines myself. I have always stayed in Cabarete so I am unsure about Sosua.
Regards
Keith

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines myself. I have always stayed in Cabarete so I am unsure about Sosua.
Regards
Keith
Sosua's great, and if you don't like it, Cabarete's only 10 minutes away.
I and a few others know Sosua well, for alternatives, just in case, and we have several members who know Cabarete well, so the bottom line is that you need not worry, paradise awaits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.