Tourist Visa $10

meshelr

Oct 2, 2006
Where do you find this tourist visa when you get to the Punta Cana airport? I understand you can't purchase it in advance and I've also read that you might not even need to fill it out, just pay for it?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Just follow the crowd. Everyone needs one, so it won't be hard to find. I've never flown in to PUJ, but at other airports there is a sign in English saying "tourist card" at the booth where you buy them.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Where do you find this tourist visa when you get to the Punta Cana airport? I understand you can't purchase it in advance and I've also read that you might not even need to fill it out, just pay for it?
If you're coming from the US, you can buy it in advance, but you will still need to fill out the blue form when you arrive. Some of the airlines will give you the blue form on the plane.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
at POP and Santo Domingo you fill the form out, buy the card (10 bucks) and then give it to someone who takes it before you exit the airport. i'm sure it's the same procedure at Punta Cana.

a few months ago you use to keep the tourist card until you left the country.

Tourist card

Here is a picture of what comes with your package when leaving Canada. If you do not have one you will purchase for $10 US just after you walk into the airport. Right in the middle of the arrivals area before you get to customs.
You will also be able to pick up the second form below here if you did not get them on the airplane or in your package. 2 of these (2nd picture) are needed.

jh6d85.jpg

After having your identification documents and/or passports checked and leaving the (1)bottom form with customs as you head towards the luggage carousel they will take both portions of the top picture Entrada and Salida form from you, leaving you with 1 of the bottom picture forms.

k97v4k.jpg

Now you are left with the above, after you check your luggage and pay $20 US departure tax they collect these at Immigration just prior to your carryon and yourself being scanned by security. If you do not have one they will give you one to fill out.

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
Tourist Card

As a matter of Interest.
As I stated in an earlier post when I visited in May this year I was only given the Tourist Card Entry part by The DR Embassy in London and at Puerto Plata Airport was told that you did not need the Exit part which proved to be correct.
I obtained a Tourist Card for my next visit a few weeks ago. The price had risen from ?8 to ?10 and it was a new one piece format (barcode ticket) the blue form had also changed slightly but the content was the same.
Dont know if its of any significance but on the card it says Seller. GUZMANR and on The Embassy information leaflet DR1 was listed as a source of information.
Regards
Keith