Can YOU "Land" A Good Dominican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok, my batteries are recharged. Here we go:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOTE: This is for those looking for a serious and meaningful relationship with a Dominican. If you are just looking to get "laid" and nothing more, disregard this thread!.

SOME of us talk and talk and talk about how well we know Dominicans, how great they are and how easy they are to "land" (hook-up with).

Now, let's prove it, let's help those looking to "land" a good Dominican. Let's warn them about the many "red flags" out there.

From my part, I will start with some "red flags" which are nothing but common sense!:

1- If they works at a resort, chances are you will NOT find a good Dominican there, whether he/she works at the front desk, animation, bar tending, bus boy or anywhere at that resort. Not a place for a serious relationship!.

2- If he/she is a "beach bum" (beach walkers befriending tourists), stay away from them. They are just looking to hook-up with you for their own advantage. Nothing more than BeachSankies!.

3- If he is a ballplayer, stay away from them, those guys get A LOT of women. Very few without a few kids already, no matter how old they are. Known to be SankiesBallPlayers. BUT to be fair, I know a few that are very decent and are not womanizers.

4- If he/she is a member of a band, whether it's a merengue, salsa or crapchata band, stay away. Those guys are the only Sankies that would put a Resort Sankie to shame. Known as SankiesInABand.

5-If he/she is a police officer, stay away. Not only MOST get a lot of "%$#@^", but also MANY are very corrupted and make little money. Known as SankiesInUniforms.

(NOOOOOOOTE: if you still decide you want to give the above a try, make sure you spend A LOT of time getting to know them and DO NOT believe all the crap that comes out of their mouths. Yes, you may find a few good one from the above mentioned BUT they are VERY few in between).

6- If you like a man and YOU have to pay for your outings, send him packing. NO decent and proud Dominican male would EVER let someone he is courting pay. If he is decent and poor, he WILL find a few pesos to at least take you to eat a chimichurry.

7- If you are a man and likes an specific girl, if she treats you like a "sugar daddy", one that not only should take care of her but also her family, send her packing. There are a whole bunch of decent Dominicans who would not accept any type of help from a man who is courting them, no matter how poor they are. They will make you aware that they managed before you came along so there's no need for a handout.

8- If you like a man and that guy asks you for money, whether it's borrowing it or asking you to give him money, SEND HIM TO HELL!. No decent Dominican would EVER ask a woman for money. A decent Dominican would rather NOT date you if he has to ask you for money. Same goes for females.

9- If he/she takes you to meet their family, don't think it's such a big deal. A Decent Dominican WILL NOT take you to meet his/her family after a week of knowing you. A LOT of decent Dominican DO care what their family and neighbors think of them, and unless they know for a fact that you are a decent and good person, then they will bring you around. But first he/she will talk and talk and talk about you and THEN, after months, maybe, they will bring you to meet their loved ones.

10- When you become the ONLY person they turn to whenever an "emergency" comes up, RUN as if the Dark Angel was looking for you!!. A decent Dominican would do whatever they have to do in order to not beg anybody for anything.

11- Make sure that those "PRIMOS" and "PRIMAS" ("COUSINS") are NOT their boyfriends and girlfriends. Or their Wives and husband. You would be amazed how many Sankies play the "he/she is my cousin" game.

The above are SOME of my common sense!.

Ok guys, help me out here!. Write some of your "red flags".

Let's try and help some of these people "land" a good Dominican. Not that they will listen to us but at least we can try. If one listens, it would be worth it!!.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great list Miguel but sounds more like what to stay away from than how to land a good Dominican. ;)

I think people need to hear where to go to land a good Dominican.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Business As Usual

Nicely done, Miguel.
I do admire your patience and perseverance.

But:
You're preaching to the brain.
That is defunct once the hormone roller coaster sets in.
(He's different, you know....)

You'd have to wait until the 'black rod craze' dies down.
But by then, the damage has been done, the money changed hands... and that's what the sankies live on.

Let the business (informal sector) go on.... :bunny:

m'frog

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yes but!

Great list Miguel but sounds more like what to stay away from than how to land a good Dominican. ;)

I think people need to hear where to go to land a good Dominican.
Anna, if people stay away from those I wrote about, their chances to meeting a good Dominican will be greater.

When dealing with SOME Dominicans, it does NOT matter whey people go to find/meet them.

Sankiesm is "alive and well" in all social status in the DR. ALL one needs to do is get to know the person very well before we start claiming that "I found the most fantastic person in God's green earth".

I did told you guys about a Sankie I know who happens to be a very well educated lawyer.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gracias!

Nicely done, Miguel.
I do admire your patience and perseverance.

But:
You're preaching to the brain.
That is defunct once the hormone roller coaster sets in.
(He's different, you know....)

You'd have to wait until the 'black rod craze' dies down.
But by then, the damage has been done, the money changed hands... and that's what the sankies live on.

Let the business (informal sector) go on.... :bunny:

m'frog
Thanks Senor Maco.

Listen buddy, it's never too late you "install" some senses on people.

Besides, I am just trying to put some "steroids" on this site, you know, keep it strong.

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
4- If he/she is a member of a band, whether it's a merengue, salsa or crapchata band, stay away. Those guys are the only Sankies that would put a Resort Sankie to shame. Known as SankiesInABand.

LOLOLOLOL! Now that's funny! OMG, SankiesInABand LOLOLOLOLOL!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A good ideal dominICAN bachelor doesn't want to get married with a white tourist, he is doing just fine with 4 different model type girls in his own country. Why would he screw up his ideal lifestyle by marrying a fat, macho old woman from north america? Is he nuts?
Here is what he gets, if you women think you could beat that, not to mention dance as well as these beauties, then try your luck here in santiago or capital.

good luck.
AZB

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Finally!

A good ideal dominICAN bachelor doesn't want to get married with a white tourist, he is doing just fine with 4 different model type girls in his own country. Why would he screw up his ideal lifestyle by marrying a fat, macho old woman from north america? Is he nuts?
Here is what he gets, if you women think you could beat that, not to mention dance as well as these beauties, then try your luck here in santiago or capital.

good luck.
AZB
Finally!. It's about time you came up with someone beautiful!!.

The one on the right is just stunning!. Young but very good looking. Is she your date's daughter?.

Why in hell are they "hanging" with an old, fat and ugly guy like you?. See, you are giving hope to all these tourists, me NOT included, hahahahaha!.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Please DO NOT post pictures of girls unless you have a signed release.

Please send signed release to robert@dr1.com along with $25 US dollars for each picture :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AnnC deleted the pictures. She can be so borrring sometimes.
Anyway, I never said they are my dates, I simply took them from hi5.com. They are santiagueras.
AZB

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
Geez AZB....

What exactly is your problem with WW's ?
Have they done something to you in the past or what?
Why all the nastiness?
And for the record, I am not a WW so don't waste your time telling me about myself :bunny:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

good luck.
AZB

I always thought dark skinned men are dying for white blond women. This has been my experince. Blond hair to them is like gold and they love white skin and blue eyes. The problem is - a blond attractive girl does not like being one of 4.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok then, back to topic.

How to land a plane, I mean a good Dominican ;)

Let's leave color/shades alone please it always gets nasty if we go that route

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
A good ideal dominICAN bachelor doesn't want to get married with a white tourist, he is doing just fine with 4 different model type girls in his own country. Why would he screw up his ideal lifestyle by marrying a fat, macho old woman from north america? good luck.
AZB

I don't get you... what makes you so different ?

You live there, yes. But you're not dominican, you're still a tourist (even if you're not a white) You like to diss N.A chicks left and right but never once have you said anything about the women where you're from.

You're a wannabe player, when in fact I bet all of your "women" are playing you.

You wanna keep calling us fat, macho, etc ,etc ... that's fine, but at least we can show off more than our eyeballs...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here it goes!

Did he charge women for sex (not paid enough in law field:) )or just had a lot of women?
The guy is one of the biggest pricks I know. He is just one of those guys who thinks he is God's gift to women. He takes advantage of their low self-esteem. Even if he is well-to-do, he still, in many instances, expects them to pay for most of their outings.

If they are stupid enough NOT to see what he is all about, it's their problem!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I NEEEEED to ask you!!

good luck.
AZB
Man, you sound as if MANY NA woman did you wrong.

You keep on generalizing and generalizing as if all Dominican females are the greatest thing good created and ALL NA women are just rotten creatures.

Let me make you aware, in case you forgot, that Dominican women are easier to take advantage of, or "land", than NA women.

Yeah yeah, many NA women go to the DR and bed sankies BUT MOST(not all)Dominican women, FROM ALL SOCIAL STATUS, are there for the "taking" by Dominicans and foreigners alike.

How else can you explain those young "hotties" hanging with those cartoon characters they "hang" with?.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Miguel,
where is this thread going? Our man in Santiago describes his city as a playboys' paradise, but you would have to live there. So scratch that idea for us tourists.

Then again, the topic is how to find ONE PERSON(a dominican/a) to develop a friendship/romance/eventual marriage, is it not?

So maybe AZB should be banned from this thread, as he does not seem to be the "settling down" type. ;)
(We can let him back in as long as he promises to pull down his "Death to Miguel" banners)

What I think-just like with anyone else, go to the DR-pick out a chica you like and hope she does'nt lie too much. If you marry her hope she either-

A) gives you at least a few good months before she runs off with some dominican chopo here in the states or:
B) she does'nt drive you so crazy with her campo mentality that you'll divorce her in six weeks.

My opinion is if you want them to stay "good" don't bring them to the states. Let them love you from afar. If it does'nt work out at least you don't have anything to clean up. Just forget about it and start all over again.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i gotta say..while i think it would be pretty hard to Land a "good" domican if one is on a quick vacation.

However...after many years of traveling their i HAVE met many good dominicans...and even have er.."landed" a few.

i think its a bit different with the guy/guy thing tho. Sure..my first couple of visits the only guys interested in me where the typical beach sankies. But from my third trip on..i have met some great guys (who are totaly employed and dont ask me for a penny). Some have even contacted me right here at DR1! (because of the "closet"..it is easier for them to hang out with a discrete tourist..rather than another gay dominican)

again..i think there is a whole different dynamic for me tho. Not trying to make this a gay themed thread...just sayin' there are good dominican men & women who develop friendships with travelers who come back year after year. My biggest dissapointment tho is that most of my friends there only get one day off a week or work two jobs...so i can't spend more time with them.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
What I think-just like with anyone else, go to the DR-pick out a chica you like and hope she does'nt lie too much. If you marry her hope she either-

A) gives you at least a few good months before she runs off with some dominican chopo here in the states or:
B) she does'nt drive you so crazy with her campo mentality that you'll divorce her in six weeks.

My opinion is if you want them to stay "good" don't bring them to the states. Let them love you from afar. If it does'nt work out at least you don't have anything to clean up. Just forget about it and start all over again.

VERY SOUND ADVICE!

Anyone going to the DR seeking romance should take this quote seriously.

Chuckuindy

Status
Not open for further replies.