Small hotels in Bayahibe or La Romana?

eilythia

Oct 2, 2006
I will spend Dec 10 to Jan 10 in the DR. I have family coming to visit from Dec 20 to Dec 30, and we all want to scuba dive together. We don't want to stay in an all inclusive. If I don't rent a place for the whole month (see previous thread) than I will want to find a smaller, less expensive hotel for Dec 20 to Dec 30. We will need 2 rooms. On or near the beach would be good, nothing too fancy but clean and comfortable with hot water and AC. Are there any midrange hotels in the area? All I see on the web are some really pricey AI's and some really cheap budget hotels. $40 to $ 100 US a night would be OK, preferably toward the lower end of the scale. Thanks for any info you might have.

kathy101

Oct 3, 2006
There are one bedroom houses to rent which work out about $15 per night. They are clean and were ideal when I was scuba diving at Casa Daniel in Bayahibe. They are in the rough guide to the DR, I think.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

There are one bedroom houses to rent which work out about $15 per night. They are clean and were ideal when I was scuba diving at Casa Daniel in Bayahibe. They are in the rough guide to the DR, I think.

can you elaborate on this and provide names or directions? I dont have the rough guide to the DR, but i will keep my eyes open for it. any contact names or things to look out for? i will be in bayahibe in december to january as well! thanks! :squareeye

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I just checked my copy of Rough Guide DR....i dont see anything like that.

I see some "cabanas" listed..but not sure if thats what the OP is looking for.

boca yate sounds cool and dirt cheap. h.bocayate@codtel.net.do

www.viwi.it/turvillaggio.htm

well..hopefully someone can post some better info...cuz i have been interested in doing perhaps a day or two there so i can go snorkeling around the parque este

good luck! (if YOU hear anything or find out anything...please post). Most of the posters here seem fixated on the north

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

I just checked my copy of Rough Guide DR....i dont see anything like that.

I see some "cabanas" listed..but not sure if thats what the OP is looking for.

boca yate sounds cool and dirt cheap. h.bocayate@codtel.net.do

www.viwi.it/turvillaggio.htm

well..hopefully someone can post some better info...cuz i have been interested in doing perhaps a day or two there so i can go snorkeling around the parque este

good luck! (if YOU hear anything or find out anything...please post). Most of the posters here seem fixated on the north

this website you posted isnt working.....
still open to suggestions as i am going to la romana upon arrival, just to check out new scenarios! i am going to be staying at the Hilton for now, got a good deal for the week without having to pay the AI fee, just the room fee for 7 days is $180 USD, not too bad!