From Santo Domino to Samana by plane ?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I'm not sure whether the new airport being built in Samana is operating yet, however, you can fly into Portilla which is on the road between Las Terranas and Samana City. Here is the website for Aerodomca with the airline info:

AERODOMCA

Mar 27, 2006
Santo Domingo to El Portilla is around $65 one way and well worth it to do it at least once to see the geography and splendor of the land between both locations. Ask your pilot to fly over the beaches of Coson and Las Terrenas, it's really beautiful. I took a ten-seater across the island and it was a great "excursion". El Portilla is located on the Atlantic side of the Samana Peninsula just a few east of Las Terrenas which is a great town.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Correct name of the landing strip is El Portillo

Santo Domingo to El Portilla is around $65 one way and well worth it to do it at least once to see the geography and splendor of the land between both locations. Ask your pilot to fly over the beaches of Coson and Las Terrenas, it's really beautiful. I took a ten-seater across the island and it was a great "excursion". El Portilla is located on the Atlantic side of the Samana Peninsula just a few east of Las Terrenas which is a great town.
I belive the correct name of the landing strip 5km east of Las Terrenas is "El Portillo" not El Portilla.
And you are right the view from the air is fantastic, flying at 3.500feet altitude reveal the beauty of this land.

WebDev

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Depending on where you want to go in Samana you may want to fly into Arroyo Barril on the peninsula's south coast near Samana instead of el Portillo on the north coast near Las Terrenas. However, if you fly into Arroyo Barril it will have to be by private charter. The current rate for a private single- engine Cessna 172 for 2 persons is $210 via Aerodomca airline charters. For scheduled service to el Portillo the rate is $70 per person flying in a 6 passenger twin-engine Islander also via Aerodomca. All flights leave Santo Domingo's La Isabella airport in the northern edge of the city (Herrera is finally closed). We just made the 25 minute flight at 1,600' altitude to el Portillo earlier this week.