Questions about Damajaga Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Many of you in threads have cautionned travellers against swimming in rivers and any kind of unsalted waters because of the danger of infections. Would climbing the Damajaga Falls and swimming in it's waters apply to this warning?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Many of you in threads have cautionned travellers against swimming in rivers and any kind of unsalted waters because of the danger of infections. Would climbing the Damajaga Falls and swimming in it's waters apply to this warning?
No.
Nice clean water.
There are small rivers that wind through communities and villages that everybody washes in, including washing their cars and dumping garbage, etc.
Those rivers could be risky.
Damagua waters are pristine.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you

Thank you Rocky and Robert, it looks so beautifull it will be one of my excursions this winter...
I would imagine no need to pay the big $$$ for a touristy tour, we can easily do this on our own, correct???

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you Rocky and Robert, it looks so beautifull it will be one of my excursions this winter...
I would imagine no need to pay the big $$$ for a touristy tour, we can easily do this on our own, correct???
The tours do not cost big money, in fact it's one of the cheaper ones, and no, you can't do it on your own. You need assistance and the guides are excellent at assisting along the way.
The only way you could save a few bucks is to get out there with a rented vehicle or by public transport, and hire guides right there, but it's time consuming.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
And besides, the whole operation at the website cited by Robert is now eco-certified by Green Globe under its new International Eco-tourism Standard. Damagua is the second place to be so certified in the world [a Mexican place was the first.] You can read about it here.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
You can drive there, it's right after Imbert, you'll a bunch of pesos-hungry guides for hire on the right side of road. Hire a guide to do all 27 falls, it's 450 pesos per person. Done it 5 times and will do it again on my next trip. It's gorgeous and a lot of fun. It's also getting well organized now. You don't need to book a tour in town, although they are very cheap if you don't have transportation to get there (a good 1.25 hrs from Sosua). Don't buy your tour in an All Inclusive but rather in places like El Tour and many others in Sosua/Caberete.

Status
Not open for further replies.