travel to DR

G

gary short

Seriously.....a travel advisory can kill a country's tourism overnight. Although the advisory likens dangers in the DR to big city America....

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I agree. I know there are problems in the DR, but reading that State Dept. link they sounded over the top. The beautiful beaches, great weather, great people. We got to emphasize the positives.

G

gary short

I think it was way over the top.....it only takes a couple of nasty well publisized crimes involving tourists and boom.....travel advisory......wait till the press gets ahold of the " Canadian" that just got the sh*t kicked out of him in SD.........the one getting into the wrong car.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
peligro!

well guys, you're lucky this info did not get into the attention of bush administration, he could have sent some troops to liberate you! (no offence ment).
for a contrast i looked up info on DR by polish MSZ (ministry of FA), they warn to keep your eyes open like in all other tourist destinations. EXACTLY! americans can surely make a mouse look like a mountain, do other countries put in their "travel in the USA" info like: "you're likely to be a victim of a serial killer who will not only rape and imprison you but also torture and then mutiliate and hide your body so well you'll be seen next time on the day of ressurection"?
no offence ment, i have never even been to the states and those who have written this info on DR have never been HERE either, for the look of it.
if you behave like an idiot you will get bumped everywhere in the world but not everywhere in the world people are so nice, generous and helpful as here.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I just hope that most American's ignore that advisory, come to the island, use common sense and have a good time.:cheeky: