good seat on aa

greenegirl

Sep 18, 2006
What are the good seats on American Airlines flight 619 from JFK to SDQ? We have long legs and don't have first class money so we're hoping to luck out. When we flew to DR last time on that same flight I remember there were two rows of seats near the exits that had no galley, lavatories, wall or seats directly in front of them. Does anyone know if row 27 is one of them?

According to seatguru.com, it isn't a desirable row, but according to the domestic seating chart on AA.com, it appears to be a good seat.

seat guru
SeatGuru Seat Map American Airlines Airbus A300 (AB6)

"American Airlines layout"

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Exit aisles

What are the good seats on American Airlines flight 619 from JFK to SDQ? We have long legs and don't have first class money so we're hoping to luck out. When we flew to DR last time on that same flight I remember there were two rows of seats near the exits that had no galley, lavatories, wall or seats directly in front of them. Does anyone know if row 27 is one of them?

According to seatguru.com, it isn't a desirable row, but according to the domestic seating chart on AA.com, it appears to be a good seat.

seat guru
SeatGuru Seat Map American Airlines Airbus A300 (AB6)

"American Airlines layout"

They have more leg room, more then any other couch seat (which does not mean business class or first class) in the cabin. Trade offs are that the seats do not go back into a recline position and the food trays are stowed away inside the arm rest.

Last edited:

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
There is no such thing as a good seat on their raggity/old A300s.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
The good ole "Tourist Class" aircraft

There is no such thing as a good seat on their raggity/old A300s.

Twin engined aircraft such as the Airbus A300 and Boeing 767 are what is called Tourist Class aircraft. Their sole purpose it to get people there and back. Yes, they are indeed cattle cars but we already knew this...

Get on, squeeze those cheeks together, pray that somebody that is NOT too big for their seat doesn't sit next to you, a crying baby, someone with a "gas problem", or a bathroom problem and enjoy the 2 or 3 hour flight.

It stinks, but hey these aircraft are being managed for optimum revenue.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
El Tigre, don't be rude!

A300s in AA have good pitch in Y, much better than British Airways or many other carriers. Those aircrafts are not that bad, they fly ontime, can carry a lot of bags, and this is very important on dominican routes.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
competitors to AA out of the US (NY, MIA or elsewhere) would be most welcome plz.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i fly out of Newark (EWR) on Contintal...not all the flights...but some of the flights you get the personal entertainment center and a bit extra room....again..you never know who you will sit next to. On my last trip back to ewr i sat next to a woman who did not stop chatting with her friend the ENTIRE trip back....she wasnt loud...but just non stop non stop non stop non stop in my ear!!!! and the only movie available was Chicken Little....it was a flight from hell!

but otherwise i like continental out of ewr to sdq

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
El Tigre, don't be rude!

A300s in AA have good pitch in Y, much better than British Airways or many other carriers. Those aircrafts are not that bad, they fly ontime, can carry a lot of bags, and this is very important on dominican routes.

hahahaha come on man. this coming from a guy who loved to trash AA LMAO

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
just wait a bit

If the flight is not totally booked, just wait until the last person is on board. Most people will sit in their assigned seat. I just look around and as they close the door I move to where ever there is plenty of room. Often times on the large planes I slept all the way to Miami without anyone near me.

Sep 19, 2005
I just flew donw last friday and back yesterday. the flight down the plane had the deep TVs and uncomfortable seats. On the way back the TVs were flat panels and the seats had the extra soft padding for your head similar to the first class seats( but not as big). so they do have some newer 300s.

but remember any flight out of JFK to the DR will be packed!...i have not seen an empty seat in any of the flights I have taken( 12 in the last 14 months)...they always book them flights, and you can tell because they often ask people to take to give up their seat for flight coupons, because they over booked again.......
I know the flights to STI are like that , and I bet they are similar to the capitol.

on the wa back the girl in front of me leaned her seat back fast and the tray on the back of the seat jammed into my knee, which was at an angle that had o no place to give to.....oh , boy did I shove on that seat hard to get my leg out from under her seat.....thats the first time i got jammed like that...I was in row 35.

I cant see how a shorter person in the 275Lb range and up can fit in those seats....it must be misery if they sit in one of the interior seats in the middle row.....

Hey Alex... AA ran out of breakfasts by the time they got to the back of the plane onthe way down!..nice huh?..
and that link given earlier where they said they serve food forward or backwards depending on the number the planes flight ends in..odd or even...is bull

833 down they started in the front...2054 on the way back they started in the front also..

bob

Sep 19, 2005
yeah they have 6 am 7 am and 8:30 or 9 am flights the same day at AA to STI from JFK...they offered a $500 voucher once to get bumbed to the 7 am flight....I almost took it......

I wanted a window seat, because i wanted to try and get some arial photos of my Gfs house when we fly over it....

if you have a back pack that is supposed to go under the seat in front of you....you cant sit in one of the front row seats, unless they take your bag up front to a closet...I like getting into my bag once in a while. but with out that extra carry on...those seats are nice

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i just avoid all the fuss and book first class. it's only about 400 bucks more for the comfort and food !! at 6'4", my legs are always crushed by some fat guy wanting to lean back in his seat.

Sep 19, 2005
jd...you THINK they are always willing to negotiate.. they had no plan nor desire, nor were they about to be convinced to negotiate the day I showed up at the ticket counter 4 minutes...yes 4 minutes after the cutoff time for check in....which bear in mind is still 45 minutes before the SCHEDULED flight departure.... and how often has your flight left within 4 minutes of what it was scheduled to leave?.....not very , on the flights i have taken.....

yeah they were NOT letting me on that flight.....and the kicker is there were 6 women fighting already when I got to the counter...so they were less than 4 minutes late for checkin.. and they didnt get on that flight either.....

you know a funny side story is how the dominicans just take whatever seat they want....its always musical seats when someone finds a person in their seat and they want THAT seat...so its a chain reaction peopel are getting bumped all over the plane..... you take a guy who is traveling alone and he gets on the plane early he takes the window seat even though his ticket is on the isle....I see at least a half dozen times each flight a guy get up from a window seat and have to move over.........

on this last flight home there was a huge potential for chaos....but because two women didnt care where they sat.....it made for like 8 people not having to move....they all worked it out themselves...it was unbelievably smooth for what you usually witness......becuase friends book and cant get seats near each other , but they try to sit there anyway...

but Ill give the upgrade a try when i havent booked a window seat.

bob

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If the flight is not totally booked, just wait until the last person is on board. Most people will sit in their assigned seat. I just look around and as they close the door I move to where ever there is plenty of room. Often times on the large planes I slept all the way to Miami without anyone near me.

The flights to the DR are ALWAYS packed, so from NYC this is just not an option.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Bob, you are so correct about how Dominicans just get on the plane and take whatever seat they want, they just get on and sit down, hahaha. Oh, you can forget it if the plane is at capacity. I like Delta, rarely if any line at the ticket counter and is nicer than the AA airbus.

p.s. Screw connecting flights, pain in the arse!