Car rental recomendation in Puerto Plata?

Sep 26, 2006
I would like to rent a car in Puerto Plata for 2 weeks. I will use it to drive all over DR. Can anyone recommend a reputable car rental firm? Any caveats on insurance? I have a Visa Gold credit card so I supposedly do not need coverage.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If your driving all over the DR, use a well known comapny like National, Avis etc.
They look after you. Plenty of people on DR1 have used National and had no problems. National Car Rental // Dominican Republic // Welcome

Going cheap is a HUGE mistake if your driving all over the country, most small agencies do not have the ability to support you.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree with Robert! Make sure you completely understand the insurance and service offered on your credit card first!!!! Many times you do not have the coverage you think you do!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Renting right there at the POP airport, usually gets you a decent selection, the car and package you want at good prices.

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Dear Trevor,

use my website where you can rent a car right online, and will give you the best rate outta a various choice of cars and companies:

CAR RENTAL

Any questions you are welcome to PM; me.

regards

Alain

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
While going cheap might be a mistake, I would say it also depends on your own ability to sort out any mishaps.. There have been plenty of times where I arranged a car to be repaired myself, within a few hours and at very reasonable prices.. remember the big companies usually also have a deductable for minor damages.