Taking 4 months off, in need of advice for rental

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
Hello all,

My wife and I (in our late 30s) are planning to take some time off this January in DR & would like to maintain an active life style golf, tennis, night life & volunteer work.

We are considering the Juan Dolio area and would like to know if this is the best choice?
Can someone reccomend a place that is pet friendly and offers monthly rentals?

Thanks.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hello all,

My wife and I (in our late 30s) are planning to take some time off this January in DR & would like to maintain an active life style golf, tennis, night life & volunteer work.

We are considering the Juan Dolio area and would like to know if this is the best choice?
Can someone reccomend a place that is pet friendly and offers monthly rentals?

Thanks.

Jaun dolio is good ish choice. Very quiet at moment as money hotels closed and being changed into apartments. For golf and tennis you chould look to livve in Metro Country club. Very like living in US - enclosed area and very safe with good golf course and tennis. 5 mins drive to centre of Juan Dolio and night life. They should have monthly rentals too but willl not be cheap. Or you could rent in down town juan Dolio for 4-500 US a month for a 2 bed flat, but you would pay a lot for golf and no tennis here. Try looking at Metro Country club web site

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
you might also look into renting in guavaberry across the highway from juan dolio. the golf course is much better than metro.
If you're really a golfer though, you need to go to Casa de Campo but at that time of the year, monthly rental in a villa would be pretty expensive. We own a condo in Juan Dolio and a villa in Casa. When we want to golf, we stay in Casa.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
what about a costa del sol rental and it is right on the beach with ocean view :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
Sources for rentals

Thanks for the feedback.

Can anyone recommend a source for rentals in Juan Dolio area?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Metro Country Club have rentals on their web site, as I assume do Guavaberry. If not there are no really good rental companies but you might try Villas and Castillas at the Colonial Tropical hotel. Best idea is probably to book into a hotel for a week and then find something. That way you can look around and decide where we want to be. There is plenty to choose from as it is very quiet!!!

Spyderdiaz

Jul 15, 2005
Thanks for the feedback.

Can anyone recommend a source for rentals in Juan Dolio area?

Why not try Don Emilio? It's a boutique. I've never stayed there but it looks nice, the prices seem reasonable and they have suites available. They are right on the beach. I believe from what I read, breakfast is included. I think I also read they are within walking distance from a store. All rooms have a/c, fridge etc.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I go very often in Casa de Campo i love it the Golf the best in the Caribbean awesome tennis facilities, Exercise, Horses you name it they have it! is the best resort community in the Caribbean. I have been going to Casa de Campo with my wife for almost 7 years and i decided this year to buy a piece of paradise in 2 weeks the are giving me my new villa and i am very excited!

I took many flights to D.R and i also visited the area of Punta Cana many of my freinds say Punta Cana is the new Cancun and the realstate is Booming let me tell you that is true but Punta Cana needs many years to look like Casa de Campo. Punta Cana is the all inclusive heaven people dont leave the hotels everything is prepared for people to stay in. Punta cana offers a very limited sorts of services hardly good supermarkets! no good shooping areas. Neverthless they say allot of development is said to open in that area but it is very long term. Casa de Campo has been around for 30Years and its a proven ivestment. In regards to rent you could contact casadecampo.com please look for costasur realty link.They are the main realtors in Casa de Campo and they have a list of Hundreds beutifull villas and houses for your convinience. Also in Casa de Campo you have the best enviroment and Caribbeans best society and People and guaranteed 24/7 electricity and water and great service and Restaurants!

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Juan Dolio

Pizzabite,

I sent you a PM about Juan Dolio, and I am just checking in case the PM is not working properly.

CB