Vacation Hot Spot?

backflip23

Oct 9, 2006
Hello, I am planning a vacation to DR with a couple of my friends. We are in college and want to go over sprink break or Thanksgiving. Can anyone suggest places to stay, visit, eat, shop, drink, party, beaches to go to? Thank you so much for all your help!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Backflip23,

Welcome to DR1. The board for learning about anything and everything DR related.

On the North coast for the least expensive, on the East coast for the most expensive and everywhere else falls in between the two.

There is so much to chose from. How much time do you have to spend? What do you want to shop for? Are you into seeing how the average Dominican lives? Are you interested in seeing historic sites?

Needless to say if you want a beach that will knock out places like Santiago due to it not being on the coast but a great town to party in and shop etc.

Regardless of where you decide to lean your board we can assure you that you will have an enjoyable time and a vacation to remember.

Rick

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
the DR is not a big college spring break destination....if you are looking for other college revelers etc.

Actualy..i am surprise no one has tried to attract the college spring break crowd. I am sure it would be lucrative..but probably more headaches than its worth.

From what i have read tho...cabarete would be the best spot for a young crowd.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
The Dominican Republic is a good place for spring break. You can find good deals on all-inclusive packages. I would suggest staying in Bavaro/Punta Cana or Playa Dorada. Bavaro, the beach is a better and the hotels seems newer. Playa Dorada, more nightlife options and if you get sick of the resort, you can check out Sousa and Cabarete.