Same old stuff, PLD style

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Sorry for the delay, but I cannot let a news item pass by without comment. The new mayor of Santo Domingo East, Mr Juancito Sports, is begging for a loan because they have no money for his municipality, and he has a huge debt that he inherited. (his words, not mine)

So what is the loan for? No, not garbage collection (although the whole east side of the city is now buried under mountains of smelly garbage every which way you turn). No, not patching streets, even though every street now has holes and some are developing CRATERS. No, not repairing semaforos.

Nope. It seems that the mayor and his 32 COUNCILMEN each need a $500,000 loan to go buy themselves a vehicle. Priorities, gentlemen. HA!

32 councilmen, for the trainwreck side of the capital? Give me three that want to do the job, and then get the heck out of the way! Put the other 29 back at their old job of selling lottery tickets and peanut candy and phone cards in the streets. Phooey!

Maybe they should make as a condition to even RUN for office, that you have to have your own wheels. As for you bums now, take a publico to where you need to go, just like you did BEFORE you wormed your way into office. And Juancito, if you can't afford a vehicle with all of your betting parlors running full blast, something is definitely wrong here.