Opening hours Cabarete ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Think I have read that the opening hours in Cabarete now was 2am and 4am in the weekends, as a trial period of 30 days. Now I'm hearing that the opening hours in Cabarete is the same as Sosua, 1am and 2am in the weekends.
Can anybody tell what is correct ?

canbird

Sep 18, 2006
I just got home and the police showed up each night at 1:00 am. to enure the clubs where closed. They actually turned the music off in mid song one night. Seems like a strict cerfew.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it seems odd that sosua dn caberete would have different hours...but i guess friday will even things out...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What gets "evened out" on Fridays?
Don't bars close at 2AM in Sosua on Fri/Sat, did this change, or did I miss something?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Don't think there will be any changes in Sosua. But I understood that there will be an evaluation after the trial period of 30 days in Cabarete is finnished, and that is possible that Sosua then will get the same hours.
I think they soon will have to do something. Club X is closed down temporarly for 2 months due to the curfew, and many people says the won't come back if there's no changes. Many businesses hurts, and many people have lost their jobs.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Tamborista, the hours in Caberete were 2/4 a.m for 30 days or so. so when i say "even out" i mean both towns will have the same hours...

english is my second language. span-glish is my first....

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Can somebody please tell me in ENGLISH or SPANISH what the current closing times are in Sosua. I do not need a guess or a wise*ss response.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
1 a.m on weekdays..2 a.m on weekends...comprende ???

ella mas mudo que una roca....LOL

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I know it was "announced" that there was going to be a trial period of 30 days for Cabarete to stay open until 2 am weekdays and 4 am weekends...after this evaluation period they would decide to expand it to Sosua and possible other areas, however, canbird posted above that Cabarete bars were closing same as Sosua... 1 am (I assume on weeknights). I was there about a week and a half ago when the evaluation period was supposedly in effect...on a Saturday night...Im pretty sure the bars were closing at 2 am...Sosua was definitely 1 am/2am.

So, it seems...both towns are still 1 am/2 am

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you read the earlier posts, you will see that the trial period in Cabarete starts on friday.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Put off

change in times was put off at the request of business owners until police could better organize and augment their force....now sked for the 20th.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Update?

Anything new on this? I read in another venue that the new hours are now in effect, but there were no details. Is there in fact a caravan from Sosua to Cabarete 'round midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.