Sports Bar With ALL the NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Take a Short Drive

15 minutes to Cabarete to Jose O'Shays. They have the NFL Ticket and can show several different games at once. Eddy's can only play two games at one time.

Regards

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Whatever

I have been to Jose's several times to eat and watch the games. The food and service has always been excellent and Frankie has always been great about playing the Bucs games for us when we come. I did not bother reading the thread because I can form my own opinion about things. Jose's is the only real sports bar I am aware of on the north coast.

Regards

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree with the previous poster in part also. They do have high prices for drinks, but no one twists your arm to buy one. You can order one beer or even water and watch any NFL game that you want. There is no other place on the whole North Coast that has NFL Sunday Ticket. If anyone knows of another I would like to hear about it.

Also I agree that you can?t find a nicer guy than Frankie, unless the Eagles are losing on Sunday.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
15 minutes to Cabarete to Jose O'Shays. They have the NFL Ticket and can show several different games at once. Eddy's can only play two games at one time.

Regards

Where did you get that information?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There is no other place on the whole North Coast that has NFL Sunday Ticket. If anyone knows of another I would like to hear about it.

Also I agree that you can?t find a nicer guy than Frankie, unless the Eagles are losing on Sunday.
There are a couple in Sosua including Eddy's.
I've never seen a thread with more inacurate responses.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey

I agree with the previous poster in part also. They do have high prices for drinks, but no one twists your arm to buy one. You can order one beer or even water and watch any NFL game that you want. There is no other place on the whole North Coast that has NFL Sunday Ticket. If anyone knows of another I would like to hear about it.

how about sports bar in the Romana area? and also San Cristobal area? i will be in DR from xmas and new years and dont wanna miss a beat! :cheeky:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are a couple in Sosua including Eddy's.
I've never seen a thread with more inacurate responses.

Accept my apolgies if you have the Direct
TV Sunday Ticket, I thought you were using the locals on Diah Network. Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket?

mpowerag

Jul 9, 2006
For those interested in the Santo Domingo area...theres a place next to the Hilton hotel on the malecon called "American Sports Bar" Its about a block west of Hilton. All the games...NFL, MLB, Horse racing...etc simultaneously. The only things to watch out for is Cigarette smoke if you are a non-smoker...cough cough.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Accept my apolgies if you have the Direct
TV Sunday Ticket, I thought you were using the locals on Diah Network. Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket?
Yes I have and I think a couple of others in Sosua also do. Even if a bar has a DTV unit that can pick up the whole package (All the games) he still can only show one game per receiver. I only have one but I also use 5 dish units and usually can pick up 3 to 4 different games (Fox etc. Local stations) and use the DTV unit to make sure I can show the most popular one. Last Sunday afternoon, for example, I had up to 4 different games at the same time.

canbird

Sep 18, 2006
Jose O'Shays, I went there a couple of time last week. It seemed like a decent place to me. As Sky said, the place is a bit pricey but that is clearly posted on the menu. :)

Yes I have and I think a couple of others in Sosua also do. Even if a bar has a DTV unit that can pick up the whole package (All the games) he still can only show one game per receiver. I only have one but I also use 5 dish units and usually can pick up 3 to 4 different games (Fox etc. Local stations) and use the DTV unit to make sure I can show the most popular one. Last Sunday afternoon, for example, I had up to 4 different games at the same time.

You better have the Giants game at 1pm on Sunday ;)

lilredrooster

Aug 12, 2006
Jose O'Shays.............my fault once, not going back due to prices.
Eddy's.... Well, fine place, but small, I mean small drinks unless you are drinking beer only. Not been back due to this policy. Care to comment Eddy?
I get doubles for RD$50-RD$60 for a rum elsewhere. where you at on that these days?
Not being critical particularly, but want to know where you stand? You run your own business as you see fit being a long-time owner/operator. But as stated above, an ounce or 1.5 ounce drink doesn't cut it my book in Sosua.
And your bar is always empty from what I see. Plz change my perception....perhaps I'm totally wrong, I know you are a good compadre in the community. Would love to visit more often.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I can't beleive I'm responding to this. LOL

Eddy's.... Well, fine place, but small, I mean small drinks unless you are drinking beer only. Not been back due to this policy. Care to comment Eddy?
I get doubles for RD$50-RD$60 for a rum elsewhere. where you at on that these days?
I tell my staff to serve a 1.5 oz drink like anywhere in the world. However
should a customer want his drink a little stronger, no problem and no extra charge. Have to say that I get very few requests for stronger drinks. Our object is to give our customer an enjoyable time. Not to get him drunk and sick. There is also a little matter of making a profit. When you pay mucho US$$$ for programming and equipment, 20,000 or more per month for electricity, plus generator serviece, sales tax, income tax, salaries and utilities etc. a little profit comes in handy. You obviously have never run a business.

And your bar is always empty from what I see. Plz change my perception....perhaps I'm totally wrong, I know you are a good compadre in the community. Would love to visit more often.

You obviously don't come by very often. Been packed a few days during the past week. Check out our webcam every now and then. Don't like to brag, never have, but other than the discos and hooker bars, I think I'm probalby among the ones doing doing very well.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The Shark Bar is a good place if you can get the proprietor out of bed to open for the 1 o'clock game.

Status
Not open for further replies.