Planning a Trip to Jarabacoa

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
After reading about the area, I am extremely interested in travelling there in the Spring. i am looking for any advice, such as transportation from Santiago Airport, places to stay, things to do, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Also, aside from hiking, swimming, relaxing, are there any cigar factories in the immediate area??

Thanks.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Jarabacoa River Club

I just got back from a quick visit to Jarabacoa where a friend of mine took me to the Jarabacoa River Club, a most excellent place to have a swim, a drink and a good time.
I stayed at the Gran Jimenoa which I thought was a bit overpriced. Good food though.
If you plan to travel during the Easter holidays don?t forget to make your hotel reservations NOW.
Playero

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
After reading about the area, I am extremely interested in travelling there in the Spring. i am looking for any advice, such as transportation from Santiago Airport, places to stay, things to do, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Also, aside from hiking, swimming, relaxing, are there any cigar factories in the immediate area??

Thanks.

Hi,

Jarabacoa is beautifull. You will have peace there, nobody will ask you for money like some of the other cities. You can take a taxi from santiago airport for $40 us each way. Jarabacoa does not have cigar factory's there, u will have to go to santiago for that. However they have a good coffee factory's there. Enjoy the white water rafting and the rivers there. You can stay at the pinar dorado and gran Jimenoa, the gran jimeoa is a lil down a side street and further from town. Good luck.