Restaurants in BocaChica and Juan Dolio

RavenOnCa

Oct 11, 2006
www.ontariobowhunter.ca
Can someone give me a list of GOOD restaurants in the Boca Chica area. If you have some good ones in Juan Dolio please include them too.

If you can list name, and what type of food they serve, all the better.

THanks in advance...

RavenOnCa

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
There are many good restaurants in Boca Chica. I hear Da Nancy's also by the Hamaca,Italy Italy good pasta, Fernandos good food and reasonably cheap, Portifinos used to be nice a Boston guy used to own it Darren mostly pasta but Ive had some really good seafood and burgers in the past. All along Duarte there are restaurants. I have eaten at these over the years and always had good meals! Can't remember most of the names sorry. Hope this helps.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Havent been to neptunos (i am usualy on a budget) but i hear its very nice (if pricey).

Da Nancy as well behind the hamaca has a great rice with seafood dish...as well as better than normal pastas for B.C.)

Fernandos is my mainstay. Consistently good domincan food. Pollo Guisado, Chicherones, Pescado Frito...but my favorite is the camarones creole (ask for the large camarones...i think that was RD 240...everything else is well under 200).

The german restaurant in the middle of town is pretty good. Not spectacular...but good...and they sell the best pizza in town (another good thing on a budget.

one thing NOT to do is order from any of the restaurants right on the beach. VERY over priced and the food is not very good. While on the beach i will just order a fruit plate for lunch from one of the guys with the fruit cart (order it from directly and dont let the person who you are renting your chair from..you will get a better price...plus you can them what you do and dont like).

Portofino's is long gone (darren was cool...it was refreshing to hear a boston accent while there lol). but across the street where that was (the sign is still there)...are two pretty good italian/seafood places (the one that serves the complimentary bruchetta is the better one).

There are pleanty of other places that look intreguing around town...but i usualy stick with Fernandos, Da Nancy (not the one on the beach), The german place (they also serve a good breakfast with fresh made bread..thats why their pizza is so good..they know how to make bread).

Oh..and for something really quick...there is this little chinese place that has great fried chicken (2-3 pieces 70 pesos)..its pretty good when it is fresh.

You wont go hungry there. The fish is fresh...and you pay more for a place with a bit more ambience.

My hands down favorite tho...FERNANDOS!!!

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
we like el meson in juan dolio. it's right across the street from club hemmingway and also, Aura which is right on the beach between juan dolio and boca chica. if you're on the blvd, there's a texaco station. when you see that station turn left coming from jd or right coming from boca chica. then at the end of that street, take a right and it's right there.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
The best right between Boca Chica and Juan Dolio, in Guayacanes is Walter ... is a bit expensive but very good food and biggest wine selection in this country.
Tuesdays closed, and if you go late in the afternoon he might be closed and sleeping as well.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Also good in Guayacanes is El Pescador - fresh seafood in wooden restaurant right on the beach. In old Juan Dolio, el Sueno is a good italian and in the Cacique bar, Tommy the German cooks amazing steak and German food. In Villas del Mar Juan Dolio as well as el Meson there is also Con Con beach bar at the far end which does italian and Dominican food in ice surroundings and at very reasonable prices.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gosh that creeping old age has snuck in again and my mind has gone blank however there is an excellent Italian pizza and pasta restaurant at the end of the Villas del Mar section of Juan Dolio! Goes by Mama's Cucina or La Cucina della Mama (something like that). Really good food and reasonable prices.
The zucchini with saffron pasta dish is fabulous and PapaTony Loves the seafood pasta (frutta di mare).
Guilia's Cafe is great for lunch and the steak on a bun (steak sandwich) with English style fries is quite tasty!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Cucina della mama has moved now and is back in Plaza Real opposite what was the Playa real hotel and now is a pile of rubbish as theya re knocking it down. next to Giulias cafe

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Burger King up on the highway is your best bet. To be honest, if your talking from an americans point of view, there are no GOOD restaurants in Boca Chica. Neptunas is fancy, but the food is adequate at best. Setting is very nice though. There is another restaurant right next to it, just a little down from it, I can't remember the name, if I remember correctly it was a nice setting also, food was on the level with Neptunos. I was a little drunk when I ate there so its a bit foggy. Some of the restaurants mentioned like Fernandos are GOOD, but thats good considering standards here.

pi?acolada

Mar 9, 2005
Burger King up on the highway is your best bet. To be honest, if your talking from an americans point of view, there are no GOOD restaurants in Boca Chica. Neptunas is fancy, but the food is adequate at best. Setting is very nice though. There is another restaurant right next to it, just a little down from it, I can't remember the name, if I remember correctly it was a nice setting also, food was on the level with Neptunos. I was a little drunk when I ate there so its a bit foggy. Some of the restaurants mentioned like Fernandos are GOOD, but thats good considering standards here.

The name is Boca Marina, and in my opinion is as nice as Neptuno's

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Most definitely try Boca Marina. The food is excellent - especially the broiled seafood platter. It helps if you like the bigger Italian wines as they specialize in them. They also pour Havana Club Rum and can supply you with a fine Havana or Dominican cigar with your coffee and brandy.
Try the place when the moon is full and setting the water aglow - a beautiful and ambient dining experience far better than anywhere else in BC. Neptuno's is second best.
Eateries along Duarte in BC are nothing more than average.
Bon apetit!

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
It is really nice to have lunch at Boca Marina and then spend the afternoon sunning and swimming!!! You can actually spend the entire day there, a really unique and enjoyable place.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
so...

It is really nice to have lunch at Boca Marina and then spend the afternoon sunning and swimming!!! You can actually spend the entire day there, a really unique and enjoyable place.

so all these restaurants for the most part mentioned above are in Boca Chica? I am definately going to check it out when i go back in about 1 month! I need me some good food! :devious:

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
I just got back from a two week stay in Boca Chica at the Boutique Donemilio. I had many good dinners while I was there. But my personal favourite was Plaza Isla Bonita. We ate hear often the best Pork, Pizza, Pasta, Chicken, and really good breads. There is a bakery as well and we bought great bread to go. The price is really good as well. Also had many good dinners at La Crollia, Fernandos too. All of these are in Boca Chica. Also had a great stay at the Donemilio and am going back in February for 2 more great weeks. Can't wait!!! Hope this helps!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Help Indeed

I just got back from a two week stay in Boca Chica at the Boutique Donemilio. I had many good dinners while I was there. But my personal favourite was Plaza Isla Bonita. We ate hear often the best Pork, Pizza, Pasta, Chicken, and really good breads. There is a bakery as well and we bought great bread to go. The price is really good as well. Also had many good dinners at La Crollia, Fernandos too. All of these are in Boca Chica. Also had a great stay at the Donemilio and am going back in February for 2 more great weeks. Can't wait!!! Hope this helps!!

all this DOES HELP! thanks! :squareeye
i was last in Boca Chica last year but didnt do much wandering to eat. this time around though i will be going all over so now i will really do some more exploring! :bunny:

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hey Jalencastro: Glad to help hope you have a great vacation. As far as I am concerned I have never went hungry in Boca Chica. We have always had good eats in the last 10 years. I also had Burger King there for the first time. So have a good trip eat, drink, and be merry!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
damn right

Hey Jalencastro: Glad to help hope you have a great vacation. As far as I am concerned I have never went hungry in Boca Chica. We have always had good eats in the last 10 years. I also had Burger King there for the first time. So have a good trip eat, drink, and be merry!!!

you bet i will have a HELL of a trip! :nervous:
i will be arriving to Las Americas and renting a car and drive myself to La Romana to hang out in the eastern parts of the island for a week. so Boca Chica, SPDMacoris, Romana, Bayahibe are all on the list. and i know i will not go hungry, just want to check out all the cool places heads here recommend! i love this site! LOL :beard:

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
La Terraza Del Pilar

This resturant is in Boca Chica..They serve Dominican and international cuisine.Not over priced and decent sized portions..They are located at.

Juan Bautista Vinici #12
Boca Chica
809-523-4122