help pls .. tourist visa

gsc

Oct 13, 2006
what should i do?
I have my visa meeting next monday. when i called in june to get my appointment i wasnt able to get it for the time i was suppose to travel (august) but they dated me for oct 16th. i filled out the application but i didnt send anything to them yet. the ppl who were inviting me (my friend's aunt and uncle from CO) they wont be there for dec so that's why my friend's parents invited me (she was about to go to colorado and she asked her aunt to invited me, and she even wrote me a letter but didnt sent to me) so now i have all my papers but as long im not going colorado anymore, i filled out the application long time ago with that infomation. Now im going (in case i get accepted) to scranton, pa which is where my friend is from oct 22 till 28th. i got a special permission from my work but now i dont know if i have to get the two applications i filled (the one with the wrong information and the one with new information) would it get me any problem at the moment of interview? what can i do?

no lies no lies i wont lie.... should i said the information i provided first its a mistake? and.... btw as i said before i didnt sent anythin to the consulate. im asking this in case the code you received when you printed out the sheets from the internet appears in the data base of the consulate computer.

Also...it is necessary to have alot of money to show then you will not stay in the states....??? what can i do when i do not have alot of money but i do have my bank letter, my college letter, work letter, letter of invitation where they provided me i would stay at their house for the short period. ...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm confused

I assume you are Dominican wanting to go for a visit to the United States?

You need to prove that you have something to return to in the DR like a very good job, money in the bank or property helps but no garantee

Here's the info Visa Information for Temporary Visitors

Unless you are in a very good position in the DR it's not likely you'll get a visitor's visa but you can always try. ;)

gsc

Oct 13, 2006
hi anna

yes i am a dominican who by my friend i met over the internet for over a year (shes a girl) her parents who have a very good position in the states, they sent me a letter of invitation.. i have a very good job (bilingual receptionist - 12,000 mensual) and i have 3 years of college as interior design. but the problem is that i dont have too mcuh money what can i do? should i ask for someone to put money in my account???? and what can happen next? should i take pics of her to the embassy??

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I do beleive the money needs to have been in the bank for at least two years before the application.

If the application isn't too expensive give it a try. Didn't you say you have an appointment soon? Take all the info with you.

Oh and don't lie people that work with people can always tell when you lie.;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
no lies no lies i wont lie.... should i said the information i provided first its a mistake? and.... btw as i said before i didnt sent anythin to the consulate. im asking this in case the code you received when you printed out the sheets from the internet appears in the data base of the consulate computer.

You said it first. I was only repeating it

gsc

Oct 13, 2006
no no no you missunderstood. i mean i was asking what can i telll them and i put that as a question. i said i dont want to lie. of course im gonna tell them the true.

i would tell them what really happened. does that affect my opportunity of getting the visa?