Making a Reservation @ Gran Jimenoa??

David B.

Oct 5, 2006
Hello,

I've decided to stay at the Hotel Gran Jimenoa while visiting Jarabacoa. I'm a little nervous about reserving my room via their website. The Spanish to English translation is shaky, and it appears to instruct me to fax them a credit card number to secure the reservation (rather than just do it online), which is unusual. I called the hotel and couldn't get an English speaker on the phone. Here is the online reservation form:

FORMULARIO DE RESERVACION

Has anyone used this form to reserve a room there. Any advice/input is appreciated!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Get someone that speaks Spanish to call the hotel. 809-574-6304 or 574-4345. Tell them you want one of these room numbers, 214,215,314, or 315. They have balconies overlooking the river and are the best in the hotel.

You don?t need to give your cc number, just tell them when you arrive you will pay cash. You don?t have a credit card.

David B.

Oct 5, 2006
Get someone that speaks Spanish to call the hotel. 809-574-6304 or 574-4345. Tell them you want one of these room numbers, 214,215,314, or 315. They have balconies overlooking the river and are the best in the hotel.

You don?t need to give your cc number, just tell them when you arrive you will pay cash. You don?t have a credit card.

SKY,

Not to be too dense here, but are you suggesting I be wary of giving them a cc number to secure a reservation (like something bad might happen to my account and my identity), or are you just saying I don't really need to if I don't want to?

Also, in your experience, can I be confident with Dominican hotels when it comes to advance reservations? I certainly don't want the " We've never heard of you or your reservation, and we're full" treatment upon my arrival

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I only said that about giving your card number because you seemed wary. I doubt anything will happen, but there is a greater chance in the DR of something like this than in the States or Europe.

This hotel is solid, and I highly doubt any problems, however if you don?t have to give the CC number why give it to any Hotel? If you just tell him when you will be there you will have the room. They are not very busy here. Also, the restaurant is good there; in fact it is the best restaurant in Jarabacoa. Not that there is much competition in town.

If you have a problem with the reservation you can PM me the info and I will make it for you. Don?t give me your card number please. LOL

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
SKY,

Not to be too dense here, but are you suggesting I be wary of giving them a cc number to secure a reservation (like something bad might happen to my account and my identity), or are you just saying I don't really need to if I don't want to?

Also, in your experience, can I be confident with Dominican hotels when it comes to advance reservations? I certainly don't want the " We've never heard of you or your reservation, and we're full" treatment upon my arrival

This is a reputable hotel and many tourists stay there, Dominican and Foreign. Send your reservation request in English or have someone you know translate it in to Spanish. Although I have not stayed at the hotel i have been there several times and it looks clean and well run.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Rates

We stayed there during Christmas, the weekday rate was $90 per night and included breakfast for two people. Rates are higher on the weekend.
Request a room that is a higher number than 115, 215 or 315 and you will be in the new section which is very nice. If you are in the old section request 214, 215, 314, or 315. They are directly over the water.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
One other thing. The food is outstanding and quite reasonable, especially the Grouper. One order is more than enough for two people. We plan to go back again and again until we move to Jarabacoa.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Thanks for the information. We are looking forward to staying there. I am going to make an initial reservation for three nights....If we like the area we may stay longer.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I just made my reservations and for Sat. nite we are paying RD 3000 and for Sun. and weekdays RD 2775 w/ desayuno
They require 50% to secure the room and I chose to use my Am X. I do not anticipate any issues with giving them my CC. If there is I will certainly let everyone know. Thank you SKY for your help.