Recommendation for young/single in DR

barhouch03

Oct 16, 2006
Hi all,

I'm planning my trip to DR for next year and I need your help please:

What region/hotel do you recommend for a young (27) single guy? some place where we can meet young tourists and locals, go out, have a drink (or 5).....etc

Till now, i m up for the Marien Coral but I don't know what kind of Clientele they have there :bunny:

Many thanks for your help.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Cabarete!!!

Given your age and the fact that it sounds like you wish to party with those of the same age, I recommend Cabarete. The daytime activities are great, wind surfing and kite surfing, as well as the night time activities (partying on the beach). Very international mix of people. Easy to get around. Everything is close to the beach.

Good luck on your planning!!

;)

barhouch03

Oct 16, 2006
Thanks Guys, i will start to look around Cabarete then :)

Any recommendations on AI Resorts btw? (i know too many questions, sorry :) )

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Guys, i will start to look around Cabarete then :)

Any recommendations on AI Resorts btw? (i know too many questions, sorry :) )
If you're planning on traveling solo, forget AI resorts
Get the flight, rent a hotel that is guest friendly, and the rest will take care of itself.

barhouch03

Oct 16, 2006
That was my plan originally to do some backpacking but the different with the flight solo and the AI Package for 2 weeks was only 200? so i thought about having one week AI and one week Backpacking!! :)

Gregory8

Oct 15, 2006
I looked into the price of the flight from British Columbia and the price for the AI for a week was the same! Make sure you do your homework on the internet and then take the special deal price to a travel agent like "Flight Centre" up here who guarantee to beat anyone elses price on the trip! Use the travel agents againt each other to get the best deals. Also usually the best deals are 2 to 4 weeks before you want to go. And yes Cabarete is the place to go, but there are also resorts and hotels close in Sosua that's an easy local bus ride back and forth.

Have a blast!!! I'm on my way too in 1 week!

barhouch03

Oct 16, 2006
Thanks Gregory for your advice. I'm travelling from Germany so we don't have those travel agents:) but thanks ayway!!!!

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Places to stay in Cabarete

Staying in the center of Cabarete is most convenient: walking distance to many restaurants, bars, shops and the beach. No need for a car. Everything you need or want is within 200 meters.

Places to stay in Cabarete:

expensive: Palm Beach Condos, Velero Beach Resort. Both on the beach and very nice.

Less expensive: Villa Taina, Windsurf Hotel (Taina more centrally located)

Least expensive: Cita del Sol, Kaoba, Albatros (Cita del Sol has the best location)

Cheap: Surf Camp, Casa Blanca

barhouch03

Oct 16, 2006
Thanks a lot Islan777. It's more helpful and i was already thinking about Villa Taina, now I am sure :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i just looked at Villa Taina prices, wow !!! over 100 bucks for any room. i would be better off at an AI...or would I ?

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Cita del Sol

For Cabarete stays, I recommend renting a one-bedrom condo (sleeps up to 4) at Cita del Sol (full disclosure: I am an owner at CDS) because of its central location (across the street from Villa Taina), amenities (large pool, a/c in most, cable tv, high speed internet in all condo's), its under new management. Well-behaved guests are not a problem, it has good security and there are many newly renovated units (310, 210, 211, 308, 208 and more), and prices are reasonable with discounts for longer stays. I tried the other places in Cabarete and just came to love the ambiance, location and prices at CDS ($50-$60/nite). email info@citadelsol.com or call Peter (the new Administrator) 809-608-4511.