Raulin in NYC (the bronx) 11/2/06

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
WOoOOOOOO hooooooO!!

..:: BAMBOO Restaurant & Lounge | BronxBamboo.com::..

scroll down a bit

Someone on dr1 passed this link on to me...and i DEFINITELY want to go.

It is out in the bronx (i dont have a car) ...and i dont want to be the only person at the club i can hang with (its going to be a tough sell one of MY friends with a car willing to hang out in the bronx to hear a musician that they dont know).

So, anyone want to try to get an quick DR1 NYC get together to see Raulin?

Looks like an interesting club...small enough to make it cool place to catch Raulin.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Re: Raulin en NYC

J, thanks for sending me the link. I am glad to know he will be in the NYC area but on a Thursday night pretty much makes it impossible for me to consider per your suggestion. As well, after his no show in Montreal this summer my take on Raulin is if I happen to be in the city where he is playing I would surely go and see the show but not the other way around.

In the flyer it says "el debut oficial de Raulin R" but he has played many times in NYC before correct or is it the club that is new?

If I were you I would go regardless whether you have friends who will join you or not. At least that's the way I am. Sometimes it's harder to find friends and coordinate everything than to just go alone. Don't miss out on this show this time J. I hope you do go.

-LDG.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Perhaps a good excuse for a DR1 Ny get together.
This may not be the place for a DR1 get together if it's the place that I think it is. Is this place on Morris Avenue and 163rd Street? This is not the best of areas at night for people that are not from the area.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I just saw the link above. It is the place I thought it was. The club looks nice from the outside but the neighborhood is horrible. Just my two pesos.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I just saw the link above. It is the place I thought it was. The club looks nice from the outside but the neighborhood is horrible. Just my two pesos.

thanks for the info...thats why i was thinking that if i could get a few folks to go up there it might be ok. either a couple of cars or at least a small group

i am thinking of swinging by the area over next weekend to see how i feel. I know there are places in the bronx that are just fine...i am just not too familiar with this area.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
for this and other events in nyc visit www.lostraficante.com
they usually post the dates and venues where artists will perform.

i may be able to go if you all decide to have a get together with raulin.

frank reyes performing at bamboo on oct 19th.

I'm thinking about doing this nite I was told $50pp and what's holding me its the neighborhood, its right by the highway very close to Washington Heights cabs are always available. Its my birthday and what better way for me to celebrate than with Frank Reyes if not then we can get together for Raulin. I'm gonna call them to see if there is paid parking in the area.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Is that for a ringside seat? I also had thoughts of the Frank Reyes night. What time is showtime? Keep me posted.

I know right??? geez i really want to go, it must be a nice crowd at $50pp :ermm:
I was told the place holds about 200 people and he'll be there around 11:30pm, but to secure a ticket you must go pick it up, even though she said they'll be selling them at the door. bamboo lounge 718-293-3944. There is also a Spaniard Restaurant you can see the menu on the website.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I am definitely going on 11/2.

i am more concerned about being the only gringo (who speaks some spanish) in the house (and possibly have no one to talk to and take in and share the music with). at 50 pp...i am thinking most people will be there on dates etc.

I found a rare live "volumen 2" cd in SD on my last visit....never have seen it on line or anywhere....and i have found some live songs (not from his en vivo CD) here and there....so i REALLY want to hear him live myself.

I would be up to see Reyes as well...but $50 is a bit steep...and reyes seems to play nyc more frequently that raulin.

So...it looks like the D train runs pretty close to the club bamboo. I have no prob taking the train there...but will take a cab to manhattan (perhaps to 125..and take the A train downtown).

C'mon Frank and M.A.R....(and others)...lets get this one going!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
M.A.R did you make it to frank reyes this past thursday? if so how was it??

I was gonna post earlier asking the same thing (and btw...happy birthday M.A.R.!!!!).

i am definitely going on the 2nd to see raulin (i would have gone thurs to see reyes...but he seems to play the city on a regular basis.....so at 50 bucks a pop i will hold out to see raulin and catch reyes at another time)

ok boogie down bronx.....get ready for some DR1!!!