Problems for Juan Uribe?

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) -- Dominican authorities were seeking Juan Uribe after issuing an arrest warrant Monday for the Chicago White Sox shortstop in connection with the shooting of two men.

Uribe and a bodyguard are suspected of shooting and wounding a Dominican farmer and a captain in the Italian Navy with a pistol and a shotgun when the pair walked too close to Uribe's jeep around midnight Friday, authorities said.

The navy captain, Dondolin Alessandro, was treated for wounds to his stomach and hands. The farmer, Antonio Gonzalez Perez, had an elbow injury.

The Dominican athlete's brother Elpidio and an unnamed bodyguard of Uribe's were arrested Sunday, San Cristobal province District Attorney Robert Lugo said.

Uribe's agent, Martin Arburua, told the Chicago Sun-Times on Sunday that he had spoken to his client, who denied involvement in the shooting. Uribe told Arburua he had spoken to police, but Lugo said the shortstop had not contacted authorities, who were trying to locate him.

"There is an order for Uribe's arrest and the prosecutor's office is investigating the case," Lugo told The Associated Press.

The shooting took place in Juan Baron, a coastal city about 40 miles southwest of Santo Domingo, according to a police report.

Two weeks ago, White Sox general manager Ken Williams endorsed the 27-year-old Uribe as his shortstop for the 2007 season despite his disappointing 2006 season. He was expected to report Tuesday to his Dominican winter league team in the capital, the Escogido Lions.

Uribe is scheduled to earn $4.15 million next season in the major leagues, with the White Sox holding a $5 million option or $300,000 buyout for 2008.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, my gosh...

My fiance told me about this...what are these people thinking? That they are invincible just because they play for MLB??? :(

It's a shame they throw their futures away just like that...As if he didn't have enough money to buy a dozen new jeepetas!!!

MQ