Raw Tobacco

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post on this site. I just came back from DR last night. I was there for five days trying to make a connection with the local tobacco industry there. I have my own tobacco business here in NY and I need another source for my raw tobacco leaves.

I was in Santiago in a place called Sunflower(English): I cannot pronounce or write the Spanish translation. As you can see, I had major problems with translation. My Spanish is poor and the Spanish spoken there sometimes wasn't what was taught in school for me. I was about a ten minute drive from Pontifico university

Anyways, my question is...does anyone here know of a contact with the local tobacco industry there? I spent many hours in cars and on scooters trying to find tobacco farmers to no avail by my local guide. The trip wasn't fruitful at all. I would like to return very soon to a place called "Villa Olga" I just found online where a comapany called British American Tobacco is located.

If anyone is returning to the DR very soon (weeks), I would like to exchange info. and travel with them in order to sight see and most importantly, being able to communicate more smoothly with the locals. I would also like to see Santo Domingo since I spent my five days entirely in Santiago

Thanks in advance

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Sad part is.....

...there are actual tobacco experts on this board that have been or are regular posters...HB being one...honest as the day is long ...AND HE LIVES IN SANTIAGO!!!

Anyway, good luck!

Best Regards

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Send me a PM, and we can talk about what you need.

Be happy to help you out a bit. Are you looking for bales? Wrapper? Binder? Filler?

Currently the Dominican tobacco industry is doing a good deal of exporting. If you have your ATF import license you should be able to work somethingout.

Cordially,

HB

ckonda

Nov 11, 2006
Tobacco farmers in India

I am basically from India, looking for tobacco dealers to export tobacco leaves and tobacco oil. My place is famous for tobacco farmers and we have direct contacts with them. So far my family is doing tobacco business within the country. But now, we are trying to export tobacco to other countries.

Can someone please let me know the contact of dealers who can purchase tobacco from India. I am available at ckonda@yahoo.com

I am coming to NJ, USA in a couple of months and my brother is already in NJ.

Best regards.
Chandra
ckonda@yahoo.com

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I am basically from India, looking for tobacco dealers to export tobacco leaves and tobacco oil. My place is famous for tobacco farmers and we have direct contacts with them. So far my family is doing tobacco business within the country. But now, we are trying to export tobacco to other countries.

Can someone please let me know the contact of dealers who can purchase tobacco from India. I am available at ckonda@yahoo.com

I am coming to NJ, USA in a couple of months and my brother is already in NJ.

Best regards.
Chandra
ckonda@yahoo.com
Do you want information on dealers in the United States or in the Dominican Republic?

Dominican tobacco companies usually produce their own tobacco. Many use a tobacco leaves that is grown in the United States (such as the Connecticut River Valley) to incorporate into their cigars as a wrapper. However, the "filling" of each cigar is genuinely Dominican grown tobacco.

Unless you are producing tobacco leaves which is of good quality for wrapping cigars and you are able to sell them at a cheaper price than what the Americans are selling them for, I doubt you will find much business in the DR as far as importing tobacco leaves is concerned.

You might have a better chance in becoming an exclusive agent for exporting Dominican tobacco to India, especially when its regarding cigars given the high quality Dominican cigars are known for, rivaling cuban cigars.

-NALs