The most disgusting video on the DR

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why would you call it disgusting? Maybe a little optomistic, especially the 1st Dominican in space, 2075 :)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
with the exception of that blanquito attending el liceo Juan Pablo Duarte.

hahahahahahahahaha that was funny.

I say disgusting because WE ALL KNOW the situation in the DR yet these "investors" and Goverment chooses to invest on "projects: (i.e. Metro) instead of fixing the apparent issues of the people. Poverty ETC ETC ETC

I just think it's digusting :cry:

May 31, 2005
It is not disgusting to have dreams. But I do agree with you on that one. "Que los hospitales y las escuelas se estan cayendo, pero tenemos un metro."

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
"Insulting" is the Word I Would Use

I think "insulting" is the word I would use. It's insults the intelligence of the people who live in the Dominican Republic. The video is a joke. A big joke.

Real reforms such as: a fair and predictable justice system, stronger private property rights, a more representational government, and a huge reduction in government corruption needed to be implemented in the DR before any of these dreams can be achieved.

-Helpmann :)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Hey they can dream........

can't they?????

Perhaps if they can tap into the sanky's Western Union money and tax them this could all be possible!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
By the times those dates arrive we will be gone from planet earth, and guess what DR will still have apagones.lol:p

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
hahahahahahahahaha that was funny.

I say disgusting because WE ALL KNOW the situation in the DR yet these "investors" and Goverment chooses to invest on "projects: (i.e. Metro) instead of fixing the apparent issues of the people. Poverty ETC ETC ETC

I just think it's digusting :cry:

I agree. The priority of investors and present government is $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I just showed this to my Dominican wife and she said I love my Country so much and anything is possible if you believe in it.............

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Real reforms such as: a fair and predictable justice system, stronger private property rights, a more representational government, and a huge reduction in government corruption needed to be implemented in the DR before any of these dreams can be achieved.

-Helpmann :)

Holy cow!

Did somebody just make sense on DR1 instead of just grinding their axe about something they feel emotional about but know little of?

Hats off, Helpmann.

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
I just showed this to my Dominican wife and she said I love my Country so much and anything is possible if you believe in it.............

I admire your wife's patriotism and positive attitude.

But the best thing the DR government could do is teach its people to read and write. Everything else springs from there.

Scandall

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The ad was not about any of those "projects", but rather a PR stunt from Grupo Abrisa in attempt to make Grupo Abrisa appear as a company that is good for the Dominican Republic..

The ad ends saying the following (en español):

Our future can be more than a dream,
To believe in the Dominican Republic is the best investment.

And then it ties Grupo Abrisa to the message and done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order for any progress to take place in any endevour (could be social, political, economical, etc), a strong belief in the DR will have to be present first.

People don't try to change things when they don't believe in them and/or in the ability to change them.

What is so disgusting about an ad suggesting people to believe in the DR?

-NALs:ermm:

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Grinding an Axe... Yikes!!

Holy cow!

Did somebody just make sense on DR1 instead of just grinding their axe about something they feel emotional about but know little of?

Hats off, Helpmann.

Scandall
I guess you must be referring to my Miguel posts????

-Helpmann :ermm:

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
say it isnt so....

Progress is important, but look what it has done to so many other parts of the world. Doesnt the DR really have enough of all the modern conviences to suit anoyone, and yet manitain its unspoiled beauty. Please dont let the DR become just another meca for industry and growth. Where in the heck will all of us 'over stimulated, over rushed, over done " americans go to catch our breath and remember what its like to take life slow and appreciate the beauty thats left in this world. ? I love the DR....dont ruin it with greed !

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Doesnt the DR really have enough of all the modern conviences to suit anoyone,Please dont let the DR become just another meca for industry and growth.

Modern conviences??? The DR??? They cant even keep the electricity on here for 24 hours straight!

I went to Banco Popular today to withdraw some dollars out of a dollar account I have there and they told me they didn't have any dollars. I said, "yes you do, you have the ones I gave you when I deposited them". They said, "come back tomorrow and maybe we will have some".

Modern conviences?? How many time have you been here?

LMAO!

Larry