Information on Bani

taina

Feb 9, 2006
I have tried looking in the Internet for information on Bani and there doesn't seem to be any websites except for personal ones, which really does not share any information about the place.
I hear is a prosperous town but yet there are no decent hotels to stay in?
Please don't refer me to any hotels prostitutes will frequent- I am looking for a clean, safe hotel-
Where can I find information about jobs, real estate, culture? I hear there is a school of Bellas Artes but no info on the net, where are the best neighborhoods for a woman to live? can you share information about Villa Fundacion.
Thanks for your input.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a hotel in the middle of town that is OK. I don?t remember the name though.

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
villa fundation is not a bad place however keep this in mine prosperous in a third word country may not mean a whole lot if you are use to a superpower nation, caribani is problably ur best shot however stay is santo domingo 4 a couple days then decide if bani is right 4 you

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
Bani is not a town where alot happens,there is not alot to do there,my amiga is from bani; i have been a few times the people are much more friendly than say st domingo , a basic large sleepy town ,slowly expanding due to people exiting st domingo,as safe as it gets here;good luck.

anneeoakland

Feb 12, 2005
The Hotel Caribani near the center town plaza is decent, and your best option on arrival. Check out different rooms for rates and layouts.

Only used Bani as a stopover, so no other answers.

Oct 24, 2006
Well if you want to die slowly , move to Bani!!!
My whole family in law lives there and we go there very frequently, but it is not a place to live and enjoy life, for longer then a weekend or holiday. There is really nothing to do there ! The Bellas Artes has died a long time ago by the way and there is 1 more or less decent hotel, but the prostitutes use it mostly. I think it's more quiet to stay in a cabaña....the location of the hotel is desastrous. I have no idea where you would find an interesting job, because there are none in Bani. This is exactly the reason why we moved to santo domingo , when we moved to DR from Europe. My partner , who is banilejo, cannot even picture himself living there!! Sorry, that this sounds discouraging , but i know what i am saying...i visit the town at least 2 weekends a month and have tons of friends and family there...and i enjoy my weekends and the nightlife there...but sunday after 12:00am i run back to Santo Domingo....... Cause Bani is braindead....

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
and there you have it being dominican myself would not recommended to any one for more that a couple hours, however if you are under the influence u may love it,if u like baseball u may run into Vladimir Guerrero or Albert pujols any way they stay out 2