Planning a trip need some sugestions

baseballmom

Oct 22, 2006

Hello, I am trying to book a vacation from Colorado to DR. I really want this to be based around baseball. I want to stay in Boca Chica. I am willing to take a taxi/bus to go to Santo Domingo to see a game a couple nights. I went to the website for a schedule. For the life of me I cannot figure it out. I just want to know if there are any games during the time of December 20 , 21, 22,or 23. I will return home on the 24th. I am traveling by myself. I am looking into staying at either of these hotels Beach Village Hotel Milanello, or Playa Esmeralda or, Hotel Zapata
Thanks for your help in advance
bbmom

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It looks like the regular season ends on December 22nd. If I'm reading this schedule correctly, there are games in Santo Domingo on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd.

The games start at 7:30pm, so I'm not sure if the buses will be running after the game ends.

BTW, welcome to DR1.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unless you have a preference for living among lowlife, I would suggest staying in Santo Domingo at one of the smaller hotels. You will be closer to the baseball action and much less travel time wasted going from one place to another.

If you click on the "search" function of this site, and type in 'small hotels" or cheap hotels or 'boutique hotels' you will find good places to stay.

If the opportunity to go to the beach is important, then you can take a day trip to Palenque or to Juan Dolio....or, yes, even Boca Chica...ugh!

HB