child support

calico katz

Oct 22, 2006
can anyone tell me can I get a dominican court to enforce an american court -ordered child support? my son's father may be moving back there to get out of his responsibility here.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
From what i hear ,there is some relationship with the us/dr regarding this issue,due to the volumes of children born between us and dominican citizens.However the DR did not sign in the hague convention treaty relating to this,and to try to enforse this law in the DR is a non starter,i doubt very much if he could even afford to pay anyway;GOOD LUCK

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Don't stress ....he will have to come back to the states sometime!! My son's father said the same thing, until his lawyer advised him, he wouldn't be able to enter the country until arrays are paid in full. Plus US Custom would arrest him at the POE. It would be in his interest to make arrangment with you prior to departure! Many will say there is nothing you can do, don't believe them. It might not be money,but it will be revenge!!;) ;)

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
You could have the child-support judgment homologated by a Dominican Court, but this can be a somewhat lengthly process.

Alfredo Guzman

Thank you Mr Guzman, I knew it worked from DR to US. SO this can be done?!! Will this cancel out the american order, would it work as he went back and forth??

sunshine