Luperon ??

Matty G.

Oct 21, 2006
Any one been by the project at Luperon lately? I keep getting emails from one of the builders saying it's moving along well but....I don't trust builders.

Gracias.

Matty G.

Oct 21, 2006
It's called Atlantis or Atlantica something like that. Supposed to have a marina with available slips.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As far as I know, Atlantica is dead but some people insist its still alive. There might be some condos built but I don't think you'll ever see a marina.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Atlantica is very dead. We were in Luperon just about 2 months ago and there is not one building block on top of another. Marina? No way...

Last I heard the developers were scouting the coast line for an alternative venue.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
As far as I know, Atlantica is dead but some people insist its still alive. There might be some condos built but I don't think you'll ever see a marina.

I tend to agree with Mrs. Chris and Mr. Conch.

There should be some official announcements coming out soon.

planner, can we please get some hints ;-)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sorry no hints available at this time. But, you should see a press release soon. Let me see if I can find out when.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Rummer has it that..............

I was having a Presidente in Yellow Beards English Pub last night and a Brit who seemed very well Informed told me that the Million Dollar + Atlantica project in Luperon has been scraped.......................he said although it has not been made public yet that this is a fact.
You decide?
I have now heard this in Puerto Plata three times in one week from different people.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
The master plan for the project is quite solid apart from the presumption that the mangroves could be tampered with. My understanding is that the original Promoter is out and the land owners are talking with new investors to move the project forward.
Gringo - Where is Yellow Beards?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The master plan for the project is quite solid apart from the presumption that the mangroves could be tampered with. My understanding is that the original Promoter is out and the land owners are talking with new investors to move the project forward.
Gringo - Where is Yellow Beards?

That is indeed good news, a project of that magnitude needs to be advanced forward as it will produce many jobs for the people of that area and surrounding.

Yellow Beards English Pub is located near the end of the Pto.Pta. Malecon right across from the power plant or just behind the Brugal warehouse.
Derick an expat from Manchester is the proprietor (Former owner of Cheer's Bar Long Beach)
And if you fancy..........old English style Fish and Chips with mushy peas and a mug of his own home made English Cider, then you have come to the right place.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Thanks Gringo,
Always wondered what happened to Derick when I passed the Puerto Plata and saw all the Long beach bars moved on. Fish & Chips and mushy peas...no, home made cider :paranoid: . Does he still have the ice cold large Presidente's?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
The Dominican Republic's less popular northern coast will be receiving a boost with the development of AtlanticA, a 1,100-acre resort development poised to become the Caribbean's largest. Carlton Advisory Service's hospitality group, in a joint venture with an undisclosed New York-based private equity fund and developer Kingsport Partners, has announced that the $500 million first phase of construction is slated to begin November 1

..guess will soon see..

My favorite part of the article:

Carlton's Hospitality Group has not been the only company looking into the Dominican Republic. In an exclusive interview with CPN in March, Trump Mortgage president & CEO E.J. Ridings hinted that Trump would be exploring potential resort projects in the country, although no specific ones have been announced.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
My Estimation:

Atlantica is dead, until proven otherwise by some concrete construction.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Here is the press release from Carlton Group:

(New York, NY October 23, 2006) ? Carlton Advisory Services? Chairman Howard L. Michaels announced that Carlton?s Hospitality Group has arranged a strategic equity joint venture partnership with a private equity investment management firm for the development of phase one of AtlanticA, a resort development located on the picturesque Northern Coast of the Dominican Republic at the Bay of Luperon. AtlanticA when fully developed is expected to be one of the largest communities of its type in the Caribbean region.

AtlanticA?s joint venture partner will virtually fund the entire equity requirement and the estimated development costs for phase one are in excess of $500 million. The developer, Kingsport Partners, has conceived a brilliant master plan to launch phase one that will include a super luxury boutique hotel, an Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course and Clubhouse as well as Ocean and Golf Estates that will range from 3,500 to 7,500 square feet with magnificent ocean and golf course views.

Carlton?s Hospitality Group will continue to exclusively represent the developer on arranging the financing for future phases of AtlanticA. Phase two is anticipated to include the development of a Five Star Beach Lodge, a second golf course and several hundred homes. The Beach Lodge will also include several interconnected beach clubs reminiscent of the South of France. The development in its entirety will cover an area of approximately ?1,100 acres with 10 miles of coast line and over $10 billion in projected sales.

The Bay of Luperon is located halfway between Fort Lauderdale and Caracas, 60 miles from Turks and Caicos and a mere three hours from New York City. AtlanticA will be a series of seven picturesque villages each with their own distinctive architecture.

The uniqueness of the site lies in the Bay of Luperon, which is a protected bay due to the surrounding peninsulas and number of small islands within that area. The developer has obtained approvals to construct approximately 3,500 real estate units ranging from condominiums to estates, approximately 450 Marina slips, 80 Super yacht hangars, several golf courses and numerous hotels. AtlanticA, in time, will be the Yachting capital of the world with a private commercial airstrip and Super Yacht hangers..

This transaction was arranged by Carlton?s Hospitality Group executives Kenneth L. Herzberg, Brendan P. Sullivan and Will Lee.

Renditions of the project can be seen by visiting the following link:

carlton Advisory Services LLC: AtlanticA

Carlton?s Hospitality Group (CHG), a division of Carlton Advisory Services specializes in the arrangement of debt and equity financing for lodging and mixed-use real estate projects which contain a hospitality component. CHG also provides advisory services on the acquisition and disposition of existing properties, on issues relating to the branding of and selection of operating partners for new development projects as well as the repositioning of existing assets. CHG has closed several billion dollars of lodging and mixed use transactions involving residential, condominium, extended stay and fractional components, as well as resorts located throughout the continental US, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Carlton Advisory Services, Inc. is a national real estate investment banking firm prominent in debt and equity placement, investment sales, and commercial and residential loan sales. Its clients include some of the most active developers and institutions both nationally and in the New York metropolitan area. Founded in 1991, Carlton has consummated in excess of $30 billion of transactions since 1998

----------------------------------------------------

I was told this evening that construction was to be started asap. They have received the first instalment of the funding and plans are being ramped up in a hurry. Hopefully we will see actual building commencing by Dec 1 2006.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Me really, really like:

_______

AtlanticA?s joint venture partner will virtually fund the entire equity requirement and the estimated development costs for phase one are in excess of $500 million

was told this evening that construction was to be started asap. They have received the first instalment of the funding and plans are being ramped up in a hurry.

...guess will soon see.