Winter ball In Jan/Feb too???

valentino

Aug 21, 2006
Hey All,

I am hoping to come see a lot of winter baseball games in the Dr. but am concerned that the season may end around Christmas. The only schedule I have seen seems to imply this; however, it may just not have included the games for January - or so I hope.

Could anyone tell me if there are any/many games from Christmas onward, even through January or so? This is very important in deciding whether to come this year or not, and when.

Also, if anyone has a full schedule, i.e., one that goes beyond Dec 20th, please share it. (Though I see that it may indeed end then.)

Finally, are there many playoff games after the season ends? If so, do they go just about every day for a week or...longer/when?

Sorry about all the questions but this is important to me and I have tried looking on the net and such - well, I'm not so good at this : - )

Best,

Jer

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Vamos Leones!

And it is going to be some interesting playoffs if Dontrelle Willis and Francisco Liriano really going to pitch for Escogido... Vamos Leones!!

valentino

Aug 21, 2006
and in January, what??

Hi,

Thanks you two, but I still want to better understand what goes on in regard to baseball from after Christmas.

Are the games playoffs, are the pros playing, both...?

How often are there games (per day or week) from after Christmas?

When do the baseball games end - January, February...?

I'd appreciate more details : - )

MUCHAS GRACIAS,

Jer

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Here is the schedule from last round-robin part of the playoff. I'm guessing they won't set this years until the end of the season.

After the round-robin they have the finals, which last about 10 days. Here is a thread discussing last years playoffs.

GForce209

Jan 1, 2002
Playoffs

The playoffs are in January, with the final being a best of 9 game series (i think) ususally ending around the end of Jan. After that no more games till next year. If you are in the capital your bound to be able and catch LICEY dominating someone.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Dontrelle?

And it is going to be some interesting playoffs if Dontrelle Willis and Francisco Liriano really going to pitch for Escogido... Vamos Leones!!
Willis pitching in the DR doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm more Dominican than he is.
Where did you hear that?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
dontrelle is from oakland, ca....we're all more dominican than he is....LOL

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Willis told that espndeportes.com. He wants to pitch with the same team as the Marlins?regular catcher Miguel Olivo. Escogido.
You don?t need to be dominican to play with a dominican team. Rick Suthcliffe for example was dominican champion.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
winter baseball is very very close to the competition of the major leagues. the stadiums are too small though...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i hope miguel tejada comes down and plays for aguilas this year since he plays in baltimore where i live...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not remember all of the names but Steve Blass, Charlie Hough, Steve Yeager, Gene Tenace, Dave Parker, Willie Stargell, Dock Ellis, Gene Clines, and a whole bunch more (like the entire Pittsburgh Pirates and the Big Red Machine) were here in the 60s and 70s....

It is wonderful baseball and a good night out for a whole family.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I do not remember all of the names but Steve Blass, Charlie Hough, Steve Yeager, Gene Tenace, Dave Parker, Willie Stargell, Dock Ellis, Gene Clines, and a whole bunch more (like the entire Pittsburgh Pirates and the Big Red Machine) were here in the 60s and 70s....

It is wonderful baseball and a good night out for a whole family.

HB
When I was a kid in Atlanta, I remember the Alou's and Rico Carty all playing Dominican baseball. That is how I first heard of the DR. Fond memories...

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
entiendo

I understand that non-dominicans play, but for someone like Dontrelle - an established superstar pitcher - I just find it hard that he'd want to, and more importantly would be allowed to - play in the DR.

There was all the hubub about pitching in the WBC, so I find it hard to believe they'd allow him to waste any bullets there.

Just an odd picture.

I hope he does play down there, he'll be really exciting for the fans. It's - in my opinion - the most exciting baseball on the globe, bar none.

They care about baseball, no need for the jumbotron to tell the yahoos when to clang their jewelry - as is the case in all state-side parks. A complete joke.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree. i've been to one Aguilas game and it's fun. a good night out. i hope to attend another game or two when i visit in november. the only problem i have is that i'm 6'4", 225 with a big head. so i can't find any Aguilas apparel to fit me. hats are too small and the jerseys are too little. anyone know of any shops in sosua or POP that have "real" men sizes ?

thanks