Latin America and the Caribbean - the basin as a whole

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
What you imply, Chris, is true. But, what can be expected of any society forced to live "on the edge" as are the Latin American Counties?

For almost 550 years, the inhabitants of Latin American countries have lived under of modern feudalism from which they cannot excape.
Governments have come and gone, but the "peon" segment of these societies have continues to exist "by the skin of their teeth" without any helpfrom the governments that rule them.
It is truly a conundrum as to what the outcome will be. No real effortof guidance is evident from any country, including Venezuela, which over touts its Bolivarian Constitution.
It isn't that the people will "get what they deserve", its that "they will get what they don't deserve"

Texas Bill

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
A little time spent in reading what comes from the bbc, garnered this article

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Caribbean 'faces stormier future'

The report, Up in Smoke, presented evidence that the Caribbean is at risk because of increased storm intensity, water shortages and illegal logging and deforestation.

Well, now I have proof neither of you read my blog. :ermm:

Chris, I blogged about this report on 11 Sept.: The Temas Blog ? A Sobering Look at Climate Change’s Probable Impact on the Region

And I recently provided a ton of follow-up info & resources regarding the subject in another blog entry: The Temas Blog ? “Up in Smoke” PostScript.: Related Materials on Climate Change and LAC

Keith :ermm: