Playa Vista

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I am planning another trip to DR. I am familar w/ North coast...Sosua and Puerto Plata...How is Boca Chica and Playa Vista

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I am planning another trip to DR. I am familar w/ North coast...Sosua and Puerto Plata...How is Boca Chica and Playa Vista
If you could clarify what you're looking for, I might be able to help. Nevertheless, Playa Vista is friendly "American" bar that is located behind (just South of) the Europa hotel. They have a blog on DR1.

-Helpmann :)

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Sosua May Be Your Best Option

Just looking for beer and good looking ladies....
You'll find them in Boca Chica and at Playa Vista.

Nevertheless, Sosua may be a better bet for you, if that's all you're looking for.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You'll find them in Boca Chica and at Playa Vista.

Nevertheless, Sosua may be a better bet for you, if that's all you're looking for.

I agree. Boca Chica/Santo Domingo has a lot more to offer than just beer and good looking women.

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Actually the Playa Vista is owned by two Europeans one of whom is a Brit.
It is a fine expat bar and an excellent place to get to know what is going on in the area.
The owners are very well regarded locally.
Read their blog on DR1 for many amusing and informative submissions.
Have a cold one on me!

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Recently returned to Boca Chica for the first time in 4 years and walked along the beach. Is Playa Vista still there?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Yes It Is...

Recently returned to Boca Chica for the first time in 4 years and walked along the beach. Is Playa Vista still there?
It was there 2 weeks ago; however, just to make sure, I'm going back next month for some more caipirinhas.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
How did you miss it?

Whoops, I just realized that maybe you've never been there. In which case it would be easy to miss, unless someone describes the building. I don't believe there are any signs on the building.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Location, Location, Location...

How did you miss it?

Whoops, I just realized that maybe you've never been there. In which case it would be easy to miss, unless someone describes the building. I don't believe there are any signs on the building.
Good point Rellosk!

Playa Vista is a white cement beach bar on the east side of Boca Chica beach. It's just east of D'Nancy Restaurant and just south of the Europa Hotel.

Cheers!
Helpmann :)

Boca Chica, Dominican Republic Map

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
How did you miss it?

I remember talking to Peter and his friend from Holland? and sipping on a few beers one afternoon. Very pleasent day. Can't remember quite how I found it last time, but seemed to completely miss it this time

Spyderdiaz

Jul 15, 2005
Actually the Playa Vista is owned by two Europeans one of whom is a Brit.
It is a fine expat bar and an excellent place to get to know what is going on in the area.
The owners are very well regarded locally.
Read their blog on DR1 for many amusing and informative submissions.
Have a cold one on me!

Hey, check out this link for a list of other hotels located in Boca Chica and Santo Domingo area....I found it to be very useful. Don Emilio which is a boutique hotel looks very nice. I am thinking of staying there on one of my 15 trips a year. LOL

"hotel all inclusive boca chica, residence and resorts list, South Coast Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica hotel & resort reviews with Dominican Republic Travel Holiday information, boca chica, santo domingo, dominican republic

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
I just spent 2 weeks in Boca Chica-I want to thank Peter for his hospitality. I would get to Playa Vista each morning and rent a chair and umbrella. Peter, Flemming and Randy were always hospitable and quick with the next drink. I highly recommend this place for your daytime activities. Very fair prices and great service. I'll see you guys in April!!!