Pujols for MVP

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
you may be working on behalf of AT&T, but who cares!

..Big Papi has a great one himself.

In theory, both Albert Pujols and David Ortiz could win the MVP award. Ortiz plays in the American League, and Pujols plays in the National League.

I may be wrong, but I think the person who started this thread is rooting for the Cards to win the World Series and for Pujols to be named MVP of the Series.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Petty

An interesting story on the man that brought Pujols to the Cardinals.

Rather petty by Pujols, but whatever.

Congrats Cards. Just goes to show you that the hottest team wins, not the best.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Big Papi has the numbers in the AL and Ryan Howard has the numbers in the NL. but the playoffs i think will be the tiebreaker. Pujols in the NL. AL is up for grabs...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well since the MVP is decided AFTER the playoffs. they say it doesn't but i believe it does...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
An interesting story on the man that brought Pujols to the Cardinals.

Rather petty by Pujols, but whatever.

Interesting story. I'm on Pujols' side on this one. I'm sure HE was very hurt when this guy said he wasn't going to make it. I mean is his career on the line, so I don't blame him for not caring for the guy. If I was Pujols I probably would have said that it was water under the bridge, blah, blah, blah, just because he's going to come out like he's bitter and he's this huge superstar, now, etc...

The old guy is now being portrayed as a victim, but most likely was not very good if he got canned...and we all know it's a business...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
remember to love the cardinals, hate the city. St Louis was voted the most deadliest city in the US on monday.....

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Don't diss Dave

I live and work in the Kansas City area and many of the areas Dominicans are my clients including the Pujols family. I'm sorry to hear that Albert has a beef over Dave's opinion of him but early in Albert's career there were a great many of us who doubted if he'd make it to the bigs. Albert was always head and shoulders above the other young men in talent. However, this might illustrate his problem. I'm in the stands with Albert's Dad and several of his uncles and other Dominican men watching him when he was about 16 or 17 years old. He's playing shortstop and the batter singles into left field. Albert moves out into left field to take the throw. The outfielder throws the ball in and Albert stands there with his glove outstretched as the ball rolls past him into the infield. Another infielder runs over to cut off the ball and hold the runner to a single. Albert is still standing there with his glove pointed at the outfielder as if to say "hit the glove, I'm not bending over for your throw". Every one of us in the stands pulled our caps down over our eyes. It never was about Albert's physical abilities. It was what was between his ears. Albert went on to receive some great coaching that has produced a great player I'm proud to know. But give ol' Dave a break. Predicting baseball talent is a pretty tough way to make a living.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Votes are in at the end of the regular season

well since the MVP is decided AFTER the playoffs. they say it doesn't but i believe it does...
The writers/sports information people have to submit the voting at regualar season's end.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I live and work in the Kansas City area and many of the areas Dominicans are my clients including the Pujols family. I'm sorry to hear that Albert has a beef over Dave's opinion of him but early in Albert's career there were a great many of us who doubted if he'd make it to the bigs. Albert was always head and shoulders above the other young men in talent. However, this might illustrate his problem. I'm in the stands with Albert's Dad and several of his uncles and other Dominican men watching him when he was about 16 or 17 years old. He's playing shortstop and the batter singles into left field. Albert moves out into left field to take the throw. The outfielder throws the ball in and Albert stands there with his glove outstretched as the ball rolls past him into the infield. Another infielder runs over to cut off the ball and hold the runner to a single. Albert is still standing there with his glove pointed at the outfielder as if to say "hit the glove, I'm not bending over for your throw". Every one of us in the stands pulled our caps down over our eyes. It never was about Albert's physical abilities. It was what was between his ears. Albert went on to receive some great coaching that has produced a great player I'm proud to know. But give ol' Dave a break. Predicting baseball talent is a pretty tough way to make a living.
Agreed. Never underestimate the importance of good coaching. The physical abilities are obviously present for anyone to get drafted. It's what they do with that talent - how it's cultivated and enhanced.

MLB is a highly cerebral game. Any mental weaknesses are exposed to a greater degree in the playoffs.

I'm still somewhat surprised that both Detroit and STL made it to the finals, but if you consider the coaches both of those organizations have, their success is understandable.

Congrats Larussa and Leyland, they both have good players, but in a long season and playoffs, good coaching makes a really big difference.

I feel bad for the man getting chided by Pujols, he should be thankful to the people that put him on the pedastel he now stands upon. No sense cutting anyone out.