Pan American Athletic Village

Deepdimple

Oct 27, 2006
I've heard that the Pan Am Athletic Village which was constructed specifically for the 2003 olympics is a nice development and available for purchasing.

Can I get more information about the area?

Thanks.:cheeky:

Deepdimple

Oct 27, 2006
I'm planning to travel in January and am trying to research that particular complex because I was told it's reasonably priced and the community is guarded. I can't find a website for the complex and am not sure what the surrounding area is.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm planning to travel in January and am trying to research that particular complex because I was told it's reasonably priced and the community is guarded. I can't find a website for the complex and am not sure what the surrounding area is.
The complex is located in an area called La Calete which is east of Santo Domingo Este (closer to the airport).

If you have a keen eye sight, you can see some of the apartment buildings from the Las Americas highway looking towards the left as you get closer to the airport area. It's only the upper levels of one of the pink painted apartment building of the complex, but it's visible - for those who know what they are looking at.

-NALs

abe

Jan 2, 2002
I was in this very place last week--a friend lives there.

It is a ghost town--which is both good and bad. Well-protected and quiet with a relatively easy commute to the capital.

No services, although I was told a supermercado is planned.

Supposedly diplomats live there, but I have no first hand proof of that.

Because of the lack of residents, perhaps there isn't enough cash flow to maintain the place well, because common areas of the building I saw were a mess. Good sized apartments though.

Deepdimple

Oct 27, 2006
Thanks Abe: Any ideal of the price range? I'll eventually find out more on my own - but if I can get inside information it will help.

I like the ideal of the complex being quiet and guarded; but if it's not well-maintained I may not want to invest.

Is the surrounding community nice?

All information before hand is greatly appreciated.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
My friend bought for under $70K US. There is no surrouding community from what I could tell.

tulbet

Mar 17, 2008
I've heard that the Pan Am Athletic Village which was constructed specifically for the 2003 olympics is a nice development and available for purchasing.

Can I get more information about the area?

Thanks.:cheeky:

WOULD YOU HAVE CURRENT INFORMATION (PRICE, CONDITION, AREA, ETC.) ON THESE APARTMENTS?

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I worked with the CBC during the Pan Am games as a translator for the camera crews in the Athletics events so I got to meet and speak with many of the athletes quite extensively. There were many issues about how well the buildings were constructed even then so I can't imagine that the years in between have been too terribly kind to the place.