Laws in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
I have read so many sights and received so many conflicting stories, information, etc...that I just dont know what to do...so I am turning to the TRUE EXPERTS ! honetly, that is not a joke. The colaberative effort as well as the unlimited knowledge as well as the dash of humor and sarcasim throuw in to help releive the stree level is amazing.
And I am even have a very good friend that holds a very high position on a judicial board here in the USA, He is a Currebnt Sitting Judge, as well as knowing a Repblican Senator from Pennsylvania, and the States Attorney General in Illinois, and they have told me many things, mainly to steer clear of this guy that I want to bring here. I cant believe that I have even heard conflicting information form these people...dont misunderstand, I admire them and respect them...but am afraid to ask too much more due to their positions and do not want them involved any further. I am not a name dropper, or trying to use my friends to get what I want or to influence others. I would never want my friends to get involved any more than their opinions and a few legal documents of advise. So help me....What if I bring my friend to the USA just to live with me, not necessaily get married. There is an age difference between us, he wants kids and a family. I've been there done that, and have the college bills to prove it. I would rather he goes off and finds what it is her wants in life and had the opportunity to pursue it. ( do you think you can take the sankie out of the DR, but never vise versa ? ) And I do know his real story. I am not a love sick puppy looking for my imaginary fair tale !!!!!!
I would just love to give him an opportunity. I know what he is all about, the Sankie BS, but he really hasnt played me, not any more than I have allowed. But as experts, with so many life experiences amoung all of you in various formats, adgendas and unfortunatly first hand broken hearts, please tell me about the lawas in the USA, and who has experienced anything like this here. He has a daughter who lives in Boston with her mom and she is almost a year old now, and will be leaving behind a 6 year old in the DR. I would like him to get to know his other daughter here and maybe bring his 6 year old here to better her life style. I dont care what the ulterior motive is, and I am sure we all have underlying persoanl agendas in many areas...but I just would like to hear form anyone who can give me some first hand knowledge. Sometimes , no matter what the actual law states personal experience and knowledge is the best. please help.... Thanks Experts....because sometimes you cant really learn all life has to offer in a book, eduacation is important and often times "our friend" but info starigt for anothers mouth, mind and heart is sometimes the best....THANKS ! and sorry for all the blah, blah blah.....I am a published writer, and no comments, this is not a formal manuscript, and I tend to shy away from the spell check key......I just tend to babble often...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You are asking a legal immigration question and at the same time mixing in personal relationship info and to boot added the word sankie so don't be surprised at the answers.

Just read the replies don't lash back and consider what is being posted.

I'm not familiar with the US immigration laws but it might be very difficult to do what you are planning. That's why you are receiving conflicting answers from the experts you've already asked. The people that sponsor their husbands and fiancée are now on a two year waiting list so how long are you planning to wait ?

Here is the direct link to what the immigration laws are.

Immigrants to the U.S.

Honey I know your heart is in the right place but it might be easier on you to just send the guy 100 bucks a month if you want to help him and can't be talked out of this.

Don't forget the responsibly you have in sponsoring an immigrant. ;)

Good luck

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
its time

Danceaway,

You have been on the forum for a while just waiting for someone to be on your side and give you the answer you want to hear. Its not going to happen.

I understand the need for you wanting to bring this sankie here, but think about this logically.

What happens when he gets here? He is going to leave you anyway so what is the difference of him being in the US or the DR, You still won?t have him.

You say he has a daughter in Boston. Why isn?t the mother trying to bring him here? What kind of person would leave their children behind to live out a false life in another country?

Why do you want to bring another criminal/burden on society to the US?

Are you that lonely and desperate? Get a puppy, it would be cheaper and the puppy will be with you 24/7 for at least 10-15 years.

You need time to get over this guy, I know its hard, but you need to stop calling and writing to him. If you are a published writer as you say, throw yourself into a new fantasy and make it happen.

By the way, throwing around influential people you know doesn?t impress anyone. Its really time to move on.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Danceaway: I think if I were a psychologist, I would read your post three or four times and see that your are smart enough to know that you have your foot (among other things) in a beartrap and you just are not strong enough to get out of it.
I could easily see that you are a good writer, too....not kidding...your fingers are just too slow for you mind, and this is bothering you.

You just do not get Dominican poor men. He will do anything to get to the states. You can bet his wife is probably not legal and therefore cannot ask for him.

As for your future with him, besides his obvious "charms", can you tell this illustrious audience just what he has going for him to make a go of it inthe States???? What great talents does he have to qualify, for example, as a "specialized" technician? They get visas all the time.

The fellow is a nice guy with charm and some wit, but he is so far removed from the reality of your life as to be an alien!!

Destroy those wonderful rose tinted glasses and get back to reality....please, for your own sake...

HB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
............. he wants kids and a family.
........... He has a daughter who lives in Boston with her mom and she is almost a year old now, and will be leaving behind a 6 year old in the DR........

You should have said: '' He wants kids from more women...''

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
thanks

Good or bad, right or wrong, Thanks. and Anna C....I appreciate your input, I have gotten over reading more into these responces. I take away what I find helpful, and sometime just laugh at the rest...and sometime even come back to them later and think things thought. I dont want to impress anyone with who I know...I was just making a point that sometimes I have more respect for the people on this board, and all of you seem to be wise, as well as informative. I dont want to bring him here for my own agenda..I dont want to own him, hang on to him or try to possess him...its not like that i DONT EVEN LOVE HIM LIKE A bf ( READ MY OTHER POSTES, I HAVE OTHERS...MAYBE i AM THE SANKETT.) i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH letTING him go, rEMEMBER THAT OLD PHRASE ABOUT A BIRD...LET HIM GO IF HE DOESNT COME BACK ......BUT IN THE END , JUST IMAGINE THE BEST HAS COME TO HIM / HER. tHIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, AND i DONT OWN NOR DO i WANT TO OWN ANYONE. let him find what ever it is he thinks he is missing in this country. I am not lonley, have other BFs right here, and I dont even know that I would consider ALM my BF. havent any of you ever met up with someone that you connected to for any number of reasons and could find it possiible to be a friend,,,sex is fun, but frienships take you into another direction. I know much more about him than anyone knows, and than of course I can say, before anyone else does, just how much is it that we never know. and I already have two dogs, a very big Boxer and a big Yellow Lab, they are great as is my long standing better halF. And he does know about all I do...and we have no shame, and he supports me in what I want to do for ALM. They are friends, and he has even sent me on vation to see his family in the DR. He is not crazy, just excepts me for who I am...so you can see why I can except others for who they are...we all do things we are not proud of, but we can all get by with just a little help from our friends....damn, think I will put on some John Lennon, roll up a big one ( no not really, I dont do that....anymore and start packing to move to my new house so that my new tenanats can rent my house I live in now....again, not trying to impress anyone...I have worked hard for all I have.....and know many people in high positions through my parents...so dont be so quiCk to judge......read my post about colored A1 braclets, I took mine off so dont put me in any class.....jajajajajajajaja...or in english...hahahahahahahahaha...NO REAL DIFFERENCE.....just different persepctive...(do you get my subliminal message in that statement ? hope so, I'm tired and have much to do.) happy day to all, and to all find someting or someone to share a smile and some happiness with...dont be angry so much !!!!! love ya all, Danceaway....there I go, off to China again...damn my feet hurt from the long Dance....

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Fetch Him.

...And I am even have a very good friend that holds a very high position on a judicial board here in the USA, He is a Currebnt Sitting Judge, as well as knowing a Repblican Senator from Pennsylvania, and the States Attorney General in Illinois, and they have told me many things, mainly to steer clear of this guy that I want to bring here. I cant believe that ....

They are all wrong.

You're right.

Follow your heart.

Next please.

m'frog

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Is this the same guy??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''I have the usual question with a bit of a twist to it. I know that right after I put it out there it will either get deleted, or closed down, but someone out there must be able to help me. A friend of mine recently died in a car accident. I met her on vacation, and we stayed in touch via emails, etc. She was involved with a guy that I only saw from a distance at the resort, and he sure seemed like he was just too nice to be true, and things happened much too quickly. anyway she went back for a visit, and was in love with the guy by then. was pregnant with his baby and told him. he was very skeptical, but he might have believed it, who knows, I wasnt there. But she lost the baby and her life feel apart. I tried as did others to help her shake this whole thing, but she couldnt. When she died her life was in ruins, emotionally and financially. She was so focused and happy before meeting him. Her life was good and she knew what her goals were. I met her the first day of vacation and we became fast friends. After she came back from her last trip to see him she was a changed person. I dont know what happened, since her emails and calls really ended shortly after that. Than she died. I really need to know about this guy and what happened, maybe even contact him ( I am going back down to Punta Cana in August ) I need someone, anyone to PM me and let me know if they can give me any information about this guy. No this isnt for me. I have read all this stuff, and know better. I just dont get what happened to my friend, and it seems that what ever this guy did to her was part of the reason that she died. I dont believe the accident was just an accident. I think she may have ended her own life because things got so screwed up. I will only give you his initials, if they are really his own, and that he worked at the Princess resort (Bavaro ) in Punta Cana, had a friend that use to play baseball in the us for a minor league, worked animation and had a daughter from a girfriend in Santo Domingo. One other daughter, if I remember right in the United States. His initials are A.L.M. I dont know where he works now, or if he even does. she gave him alot. if you know him or of him, please P.M. me. It will not bring my friend back, but I want to let him know that what he did wasnt just another game, this went way too far, and I want others to know about this "game" and where it can end up. Its devistating for some, in more ways than anyone can imagine. Thanks for reading this long post, but I had alot to say, and with someones help, I maybe able to set this a$$ straight, maybe it will matter, but probably not.....oh well, its worth a shot. I am very sad that such a beautiful vacation ended up like this, I dont understand any of this. She was a very smart woman, had other very good guys interested in her, a boyfriend of many years, a family, another boyfriend that was also much younger than her back here in the States, and was also involved for many years with another man. So it wasnt like she was some fat old dog, or trailer park trash. She was a nurse, and ran a business. She was smart, and had everything to live for. But call it a gut feeling, something just doesnt feel right. She wasnt a slut, because she had a few boyfriends, they all were very special and important to her, for different reasons. but this guy screwed with her head or something, and she was ashamed and distraught after her trip in May to see him. What the heck happened. I'll probably never know, and with time this nagging question may go away, I hope so, but for now, I cant help but ask. Thanks- Annie / U.S.A. ( she emailed me pictures of him, so if you email me, and think you know him, I can send you the pitures and know for sure, I bet there are many guys that fit this same "profile" )"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by danceaway : 07-04-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Now you want to bring him to the States?

Last edited:

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
not the same

No. trust me not the same guy. But from all I have read, and have been told by everyone on this sight, as well as a number of other things, I have decided not to help him come here. It was a difficult choice, but not all things remain constant, and a sponsorship commitment will tie me to him for a very long time, and I have others in my life to consider also. My decision was not based on what happened to anyone else. Each situation, though many similarities, are not one in the same, and I dont even want to get into any of that old pain...please..... Thanks everyone, life is good again....big load lifted. And again, DR1 came through....Danceaway

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
when he says he wants kids, he really means he wants something to blackmail you with when he wants to leave you. if he has two scattered kids now, what makes you think he will stick around for yours?

you say you want to give him a "chance." a chance for what? to screw you over and take HALF of everything you have?

The law will protect him and if you bring him to the US, you will be financially responsible for him (it's the law). if you think it's hard to raise kids and that kids are expensive, how much do you think it will cost to support a full grown man?

Save yourself some trouble and don't marry this guy.

If it smells like a duck and walks like a duck, then maybe it's.......

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
when he says he wants kids, he really means he wants something to blackmail you with when he wants to leave you. if he has two scattered kids now, what makes you think he will stick around for yours?

you say you want to give him a "chance." a chance for what? to screw you over and take HALF of everything you have?

The law will protect him and if you bring him to the US, you will be financially responsible for him (it's the law). if you think it's hard to raise kids and that kids are expensive, how much do you think it will cost to support a full grown man?

Save yourself some trouble and don't marry this guy.

If it smells like a duck and walks like a duck, then maybe it's.......

Read post #11???
She is not bringing him over. Its finished. Lets move on.

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
once bitten, twice shy...?

and you're married too...... what a lucky guy.

you are a real hard core, cold hearted smart a$$, but what do you care what I ask, or say, you have me pegged and thats it...yes, you are right, sankie lover, defender of the down trodden, able to leap small buildings at a single bound., and fall flat on my fat ugly old American face...and yes, with out someone like you to save me from myself I would actually just lay there and bleed to death...No wait I have that wrong, most others here on DR1 would help me, show some compassion, maybe say, I told you so, but they would still try to save me and show some compassion. And if you would read before you write, or even think before you ink you would see that my term " trial by fire" doesnt say "married in the church".... Sorry to sound so harsh, thats really not in my nature,,,but damn, you have me judged, tried, and convicted....burnt once shame on you, burnt twice shame me...wonder what I can use on this nasty burn to ease the pain...I hope you are happy and all is well in your life...take care, no hard feelings, said what I had to say, and if you would slow down a bit you would see that this Visa Store has gone out of business...but thanks anyway...we all have opinions, just like we all have a**holes, me included...see I can except responsibility for my own actions, I'm a Big Girl Now !!!!!

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
Read post #11???
She is not bringing him over. Its finished. Lets move on.

Thanks for pointing that out...lets just move on to the next STUPIDO !!!! oh, look over there, I think I see one coming as we focus on this done deal.:surprised

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
you are a real hard core, cold hearted smart a$$, but what do you care what I ask, or say, you have me pegged and thats it...yes, you are right, sankie lover, defender of the down trodden, able to leap small buildings at a single bound., and fall flat on my fat ugly old American face...and yes, with out someone like you to save me from myself I would actually just lay there and bleed to death...No wait I have that wrong, most others here on DR1 would help me, show some compassion, maybe say, I told you so, but they would still try to save me and show some compassion. And if you would read before you write, or even think before you ink you would see that my term " trial by fire" doesnt say "married in the church".... Sorry to sound so harsh, thats really not in my nature,,,but damn, you have me judged, tried, and convicted....burnt once shame on you, burnt twice shame me...wonder what I can use on this nasty burn to ease the pain...I hope you are happy and all is well in your life...take care, no hard feelings, said what I had to say, and if you would slow down a bit you would see that this Visa Store has gone out of business...but thanks anyway...we all have opinions, just like we all have a**holes, me included...see I can except responsibility for my own actions, I'm a Big Girl Now !!!!!

are you sure you're posting on the right forum?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Mr Guzman as the moderator of this site please get this garbage out of here and put where it belongs. Gracias:paranoid:

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
Did any of this make you feel better...NOT I SAID THE FLY !!!!

are you sure you're posting on the right forum?

I was posting on the right forum, until you made it all just a little too personal, and posted my PM directly to you on this public forum...No respect for anyone, not me, and not even other readers...I could reciprocate, but I would never lower myself to your methology. You have a total and complete disreguard for anyone or anything if it doesnt serve your purpose. So yes, Please close this post...it is not helpful to anyone, and is becoming a mean and vendictive thing between two people who dont even know the other...or so she says. seems to me and to my friend in the DR that this OP is vendictive as well as malicious for reasons that I wont even get into here, but she know who, or what it is about. I apologize to all who have been subjected to our "battle" this was not the place to air our dirty laundry, or to vent our anger at the other. Again, all other DR1 members, I convey a sincere apolgy. This behavior was not becoming on anyone. And I am ashamed of my participation in it. I will not justify it.nor honestly can I ..it was just wrong. :eek: now I will Danceaway...sorry

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you really want to do this, then the first step is a passport for him, then a fiancee visa. btw, who's paying for this ? you i assume ? it's a tough road but doable...

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.