Travel to DR featured in New York Times

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tomorrow's Travel section of the NYT has an extensive section devoted to this winter's travel to the Caribbean.
Two page spread on DR--mainly about upscale places and can tourists get the service that they are accostumed to in other areas.
Don't ask me to post link as I don't know how to do it and remember its tom. edition.
JOHN

abe

Jan 2, 2002
WSJ too

I have heard several times that today's Wall Street Journal also has a piece on DR today.

Any subscribers out there who can hunt, cut, and paste here?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have that too

I have heard several times that today's Wall Street Journal also has a piece on DR today.

Any subscribers out there who can hunt, cut, and paste here?

Page P7 of the Pursuits section Sat WSJ

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
WoW!!!

The Wall Street Journal!!:

Trying to Be the New St. Barts; Celebrities overtake backpackers on the Dominican Republic's north coast

By Martin Edlund Special to The Wall Street Journal
Word Count: 1,020
SAMANA, Dominican Republic -- The Dominican Republic's Samana Peninsula is dominated by electric-blue waters and bleached white beaches. It's also showing signs of rapid development: Swathes of freshly dug earth mark new resort and marina sites. For many travelers, a vacation in the Dominican Republic involves a stay at one of the sprawling resorts at Punta Cana, on the east coast. But as the country tries to expand its tourism economy, the focus is now on the north coast.
Just a few years ago, adventurous travelers returned with stories of windswept backpacker huts and beaches there too polluted for swimming. ...

Last edited: