am i a fool as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiankitty

Oct 31, 2006
OK so I just started reading postings from this site and I feel quite awful. I have been in a relationship for 1 year with a guy I met in the DR, and yes I love him but now I really wonder if it's real or not. when I talk to him I totally belive him, but after reading all this... His name is Jose ...anybody know him, he currently works at Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana, before he worked at Sunscape and Sirenis, both in Punta Cana, but he lives in La Romana. Yes he is in animacion. Yes he has done some but not all of the things you have all talked about that sankies do. I never thought I was stupid...but now...I don't know what to think. I have already booked my next vacation to see him again in Dec and we plan on getting married in April. After reading lots of these threads I know what you will tell me, that I am stupid and naive. Are there no relationships that turn out to be real? I don't know what to think.

A couple points in his favour:
>he does teach me Spanish and he encourages me to take Spanish classes in Canada, which I have taken
>he wanted us to stay at a local hotel instead of the resort to save money, but I didn't want to and preferred AI

Last edited by a moderator:

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
I don't know him personally, but after reading the forums here, it looks like every other sankie... Although painful coming to the realization of it all, be glad you found this forum now rather than later.

Sorry, but if you're looking for someone to tell you that relationships like this do turn out here, I doubt it'll happen.

As for your points:
The more Spanish you know, the easier it'll be for him to communicate with you. It's nothing special.

The less money you spend at an AI, the more he'll eventually be able to take you for.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Sankiete? Don't know how the feminine version goes. I happened to be in the Puerto Plata Western Union today and recognised a animation team person from the Playa Dorado AI I am in. She bitched loudly for 15 minutes about how long she had to wait all the time. The teller told me that it wouldn't be such a problem if she only came in once a month, but she currently has 14 different nationalities sending her money...! and always causes a problem.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
Your Sankie doesn't want you to stay at an AI, because you will keeping him from his work (meeting new girls).

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Stop this now

I say stop this now. You may believe that you have a lot of feelings for this person, but you'll get over it. It'll be better for you in the long run not to be involved with this person. Think about it this way - are you the only girl that he all of a sudden "loves"? As well, I assume that you do not live in the DR right now, so what do you think he's doing when you're gone for months?? If you think about it like that, it could make it easier to leave the situation.
Also, if he works at a resort, he may not make a lot of money, so you may end up supporting him, even if you do live there.
I haven't been in this particular situation, so I may be writing things that you may feel are unrealistic, but I truly do not like to see anyone being taken for a fool.
Especially a fellow Canadian ;)

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Are you a fool??? Nah! I don't think so - clever enough to join here before you married him weren't you??? NO FOOL AT ALL!!!;)

THINK CAREFULLY about marriage so soon though - I know my partner so well that he thinks it funny to shove my head under the blankets when he's farted!!! KNOW this guy warts an' all before you marry for God's sake!!!:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: KNOW him!!!

Wishing you well but advising you to apply the breaks some! Emma (There have been happy stories here by the way - just very, very few and far between!!);)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know what you will tell me, that I am stupid and naive.
I'm with Emma on this one.
You're no fool.
You're being scammed by a pro.
That does not make you a fool.
If you disregarded all the good sound advice above, then, you would be a fool.

Now, if you aren't overwhelmed with hurt, how about a bit of payback?
What do you say, that you don't let him know that you're wise to his game, go to PC and stay at the AI resort, recruit someone there (another gringa) to put the moves on him, get the evidence from her that he is a sanky, then play him along like a marionette.
ie: Tell him you couldn't bring much money with you this time and that your credit cards are tapped out, as you just invested in a property that you are going to turn over quickly and make yourself a mountain of money, of which you are going to send him $20,000 US to buy a car, as you don't want your future husband to have to take public transport.
Then just go home, knowing you got even.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sankies are like motoconchos..if one misses you, the next sankie will pick you up...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The reason for using the other hotel is that he would be fired if he was caught in your arms at the hotel.
Not to worry about being called names. One of the reasons people do not report
bunko to the police is because they are afraid of the ridicule they might receive.

Nobody here has the right to call you names. Just be smart and get out of this relationship. You do not have to worry about hurting his feelings...

HB

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I stayed at the Bahia twice this year, I don't know this guy, not by name anyway. The first time I went there, I had no clue about all the sankies, the second time I went, I could not believe it. I want to say all, but no 99% of the animation team at the Bahia are sankies.

As Hillbilly said, you could not stay at the Bahia with him because he would get fired. You stayed at another A1 because you wouldn't have to dish out extra money on your trip. He just won a free vacation.

Don't you think that its a bit premature to marry this guy?

Everytime I get off the plane and head for the taxi's/transfers area - all I hear from the guys there is God Bless Canada - why do you think that is?????:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

End it now!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Say it ain't so ....

OK so I just started reading postings from this site and I feel quite awful. I have been in a relationship for 1 year with a guy I met in the DR, and yes I love him but now I really wonder if it's real or not. when I talk to him I totally belive him, but after reading all this... His name is Jose ..anybody know him, he currently works at Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana, before he worked at Sunscape and Sirenis, both in Punta Cana, but he lives in La Romana. Yes he is in animacion. Yes he has done some but not all of the things you have all talked about that sankies do. I never thought I was stupid...but now...I don't know what to think. I have already booked my next vacation to see him again in Dec and we plan on getting married in April. After reading lots of these threads I know what you will tell me, that I am stupid and naive. Are there no relationships that turn out to be real? I don't know what to think.

A couple points in his favour:
>he does teach me Spanish and he encourages me to take Spanish classes in Canada, which I have taken
>he wanted us to stay at a local hotel instead of the resort to save money, but I didn't want to and preferred AI
As I read this, I was hoping it wasn't a Canadian but am devastated (well not really but just showing a sensitive side) once again ... heed the advice of DR1's pros (not that type of pro, the knowledgeable type).

Would you be so quick to marry a guy in Canada who is a bellhop and makes minimum wage? .... think with your head, not your heart ... if you want to hear romantic words, get a few Julio Iglesias CDs. :glasses:

Last edited by a moderator:

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I almost fell over laughing when I read the name... lord ... tears are comming out of my eyes on this one... I remember Jose very well. as I usto go to Sunscapes on a regular basis.........

You know the answer to your own question lol
ahahahaha

:ermm:

P.S - If this local hotel he wants you guys to stay at is Naragua.... than you got yourself a REALLLL WINNER lol aaaaaaaahahaha

Too funny

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I almost fell over laughing when I read the name... lord ... tears are comming out of my eyes on this one... I remember Jose very well. as I usto go to Sunscapes on a regular basis.........

You know the answer to your own question lol
ahahahaha

:ermm:
Spell it out for us.
Give us the sordid details.

miamor

Sep 29, 2006
Ounce of prevention

CdnKitty, I can't tell you what your man is or isn't as I don't know him (maybe la barbie can). But, the fact that you came on here with your doubts shows that you shouldn't be marrying him.

If you were dating a man in Canada and had doubts, would you still be thinking about marrying him? I hope not, because if it doesn't work in the beginning, it certainly won't work after when times get tough (which they do in all relationships). Okay, now add to the equation culture, language and climate differences. Even if you two were meant to be, those differences are going to make it so much tougher. That means that you and he (because it takes two to make a relationship work) have to be that much more certain and committed to each other and since you're not that certain he isn't a sankie, I think you should take a very careful look.

If you aren't ready to just end it, since you do love this guy, why not do what has been suggested and bait him. It sounds mean and harsh, but women have been doing it for years to catch cheating husbands, just do it before he becomes a cheating husband. This will break your heart, but at least you'll know for yourself he wasn't good enough for you.

Good luck. I know this is a tough pill to swallow, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go kitty, go!

As I read this, I was hoping it wasn't a Canadian but am devastated (well not really but just showing a sensitive side) once again ... heed the advice of DR1's pros (not that type of pro, the knowledgeable type).

Would you be so quick to marry a guy in Canada who is a bellhop and makes minimum wage? .... think with your head, not your heart ... if you want to hear romantic words, get a few Julio Iglesias CDs. :glasses:

oh, these canadian girls, so quick to fall in love, get married, start a family....
i wonder why the birth rate in canada is not skyhigh?
ach, because those silly gals find out they have been cheated and lied to!

kitty, take a grip on reality, your boy is an a$$. get your paws ready to tear his granitos into ribbons.

you ain't a fool, but you may soon be!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
LOL, whewwwwwwwwwwwww she's good!

Sankiete? Don't know how the feminine version goes. I happened to be in the Puerto Plata Western Union today and recognised a animation team person from the Playa Dorado AI I am in. She bitched loudly for 15 minutes about how long she had to wait all the time. The teller told me that it wouldn't be such a problem if she only came in once a month, but she currently has 14 different nationalities sending her money...! and always causes a problem.

14? Man oh man, she is the HALL OF FAMER of sankiettes! 14 dudes sending her money? It must be pure heck when 2 or more of these idiots arrive in town at the same time. Scrammble time, time to get sick, head into the countryside and wait it out. This one is good and man oh man is she ever bringing home the bacon to her chulos.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Not true .... lies, lies, lies, and more lies!!!!

oh, these canadian girls, so quick to fall in love, get married, start a family....
i wonder why the birth rate in canada is not skyhigh?
ach, because those silly gals find out they have been cheated and lied to!

kitty, take a grip on reality, your boy is an a$$. get your paws ready to tear his granitos into ribbons.

you ain't a fool, but you may soon be!
This person is not Canadian but a Brit tart impersonating a Canadian .... there're no Canadian Kitties, we got beavers here, don't try to hoodwink us!!!! ... ;)

What's gonna happen when your "minovio" discovers he's got a moochie hoochie? LOL!!! :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am sitting here with my head shaking.
I think I will take a nap.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
kitty, kitty....

This person is not Canadian but a Brit tart impersonating a Canadian .... there're no Canadian Kitties, we got beavers here, don't try to hoodwink us!!!! ... ;)

beavers? they do get on so well with lumberjacks! marriage made in heaven!
i mean in the depth of the forrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.