Dominicans in the US NAVY

totenkopf

Mar 19, 2006
Any Dominicans in the US NAVY who are working overseas in the Pacific? e.g. Sasebo/Yokosuka Japan , Guam , Philippines, Pearl Harbor, etc

I am currently stationed at Sasebo, Japan. If you're in the US NAVY and you're stationed in Japan drop me an e-mail at fighterpilot2k1@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Way too many of them, lol.........I was stationed at Langley, only 20 minutes from Norfolk, so I saw like a million Dominicans stationed there and lots of them that had just PCS'd from San Diego and Sasebo as well.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Information On Enlisting In The US Armed Forces For a Dominican????

My son is 15 years old and is thinking about a career in the US Military. We live in Santo Domingo and he is not a US Citizen,or have US residency. He does have a US Tourist visa. What level of English Language skills are needed to enlist? Any other "info" would be welcomed!
TRW

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
My son is 15 years old and is thinking about a career in the US Military. We live in Santo Domingo and he is not a US Citizen,or have US residency. He does have a US Tourist visa. What level of English Language skills are needed to enlist? Any other "info" would be welcomed!
TRW

First. How come he is not a US citizen yet? aren't you?

He needs to, at least, be a resident of the US. For his language skills, I can only say that Puerto Ricans are sent to a specialized school in the Great lakes to learn english. They might do the samething with him. When he gets his US citenship or residency take him to Puerto Rico or the US to enlist.

What career he would like to do in the Navy? If he is only eligible for a residency, his career choices may be limited, due to the fact that he is not a US citizen and cannot get a security clearance, like (secret, top-secret or above). You need at least a secret clearance to work on weapon systems, radars, IT(computers), and so on.

Make it clear to him that as an enlisted in the US military, most of the times he will have to do undesirable jobs (clean toilet, serve food, chip paints, collect trash, stand watch various watches and so on). It is no walk in the park. Overall, the Navy is the place to be in. It is a very rewarding career. Goodluck!

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
TRW

I suggest you contact your U.S. Senator. ..John Kerry?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Might I add that the ASVAB test, that is administered by DOD, is or was available in Spanish. This is the written test that is required to enter all four branches of the military. When I was a recruiter in LA the Spanish ASVAB was given to those that requested it. This was due to the high number of Spanish speaking recruits that had difficulty with reading English.

Rick

totenkopf

Mar 19, 2006
TRW

What level of English Language skills are needed to enlist? I would say a high level because you need to understand whatever instructions you are told to do in bootcamp (the first place you go when you join the US military). If you don't understand simple instructions in bootcamp you will get yelled at by your instructors or Recruit Division Commanders and you're going to have a hard time and you can get set back or kicked out.

The military is not for everyone. Joining the military is a life changing decision. Join with CAUTION.

If your son is interested in the US Navy there is a website called US Navy Boot Camp Guide where you can purchase a NAVY bootcamp guide which will teach you everything you'll need to know about the Navy bootcamp, A school, & the Fleet.
I don't know any other bootcamp guides for other military branches except that one.
Hope that helps Criss Colon.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Was In The US Navy In The "OLD DAYS"!

When,"The Ships Were Made Of Wood,And The Men Were Made Of IRON!!!" ;)

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc