any of these serve dominican food?

pzerimars

Nov 4, 2006
I dunno, there is this great place in Newark, NJ though. Go anywhere in Washington Heights, you'll find dominican food.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
Victor cafe serves Cuban food, A good place I can recomed is in washington Heights it's call Caridad restaurant it's located at 184 St. and Broadway.

jprincez

Oct 1, 2006
www.myspace.com
In Wahington Heights, Caridad Restaurant at 184th and Broadway is good, however I prefer El Malecon Restaurant on 177th and Broadway; the chicken is excellent

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Bob,

When I visit Manhattan I go to International Food House buffet (near New York's Penn Station). It's cafteteria style (not at all fancy) but the food is really good and there's plenty of it. A great value! I was told the owners are Dominican. The food is Latino for sure and they do serve cold Presidente. The address is 240 W. 35th St (near 8th Ave). The site below has more info, pictures and a discount offer. The site says it's open all night but doublecheck because someone told me it closes at 7PM. I've only gone for lunch:

International Food House Restaurant & Buffet - Eat. Drink. Save Money.

A Google search turned up a restaurant called It's a Dominican Thing at 144 W. 19th St. The photos and reviews look good but I haven't dined there yet. Here's the link: It's A Dominican Thing

Last week I had breakfast at a small Dominican luncheonette on 25th St just east of 7th Ave (next door to the Sheraton Four Points). They offer a Dominican Breakfast and are also open for lunch. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the place. They won't win any awards for decor but the food was OK.

Regards,
Ben

camuman

Nov 9, 2006
I go to Its a Dominican thing often (near my office) the food is very good, limited menue and because is in Chelsea they serve modern portions (basicaly is a poo-poo neiborhood so they dont give you too much food).

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
On this list of places to eat in nyc that have been reviewed.......are there any that serve dominican dishes?

NY Shopping & Eating - Trip Planner - Yahoo! Travel

I know the ny get together went to a place that served dominican dishes, but i dont see it ion this list......

thanks

bob

When in NY City and hungry for some Dominican style rice, beans and meat.

* Cafe Rubio
Located at 98-05 Northern Blvd. in Corona, Queens. At the corner of Northern Blvd and 98th st. They serve Dominican style rice, beans and steaks.

*Caridad
Located at Kingsbridge 135-45 West Kingsbridge Rd. Bronx. Between Sedgwick ave. and Webb ave. They serve the entire Dominican diet to the Kipes and Flan! ***The Best***

*Lovera Grocery
Right at the corner of 108th St and 37th Dr in Corona, Queens.
Go here if you want to taste the Chimichurris and Frituras, but in a more hygenic location than in a food vendor's truck.

Some Ideas for your stomach...