DR1 Reunion Party Jan 5th or 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I would like to suggest a Dr1 "Holiday" Reunion Party. Dec. is always a very difficult month since there are only 2 weekends available and many people need to attend business parties or do Chrihstmas shopping. So here is my idea.

Next week I am about to begin a gut renovation on a first floor garden apartment in a trendy section of Brooklyn. The renovation is going to take about 8 weeks more or less. I will not have time to rent it for Jan. soooo I'm thinking why not have this as the base for a party.

The apartment is located in Cobble Hill and is only one block from the Bergen St. subway. It is walking distance to at least 12 restaurants (within no more than 4 blocks).There is also on street parking if you're lucky.

The apartment will be vacant, no furniture, but brand new. I am suggesting we start there for cocktails for a couple of hours and then go to a local restaurant on Smith St. or Court St. Then return to the apartment to continue the party. If one is so inclined and they want to stay over bring a sleeping bag and air matteress and pretend you are 14 years old at a slumber party.

I chose a Fri. night as it would be convinient to those coming from work by subway. I chose these 2 dates because they are the only dates I can do in Jan. as I am travelling to the DR during the winter months.

Price: Your good spirit and perhaps a little more spirit in a bottle.
Divide the dinner bill.
Dancing in the apartment-Free
Good company---Free

Hopefully we will have a good response and no need to banter this around for 250+ posts. You know what I mean-LOL

JOHN

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Sounds good, I live down the block in Brooklyn Heights, there's also a very good Dominican Restaurant on Smith Street called "El Nuevo Cibao" two blocks from bergen st. Count me in.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hey that sounds wonderful, thanks John, great idea, I was craving a DR1. can we order in??? and there's another Dominican restaurant I believe is also on Bergen and 6th st. "El Yeyo"? :) or "El Yayo"? Any of those Days sound good to me.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I would like to suggest a Dr1 "Holiday" Reunion Party. Dec. is always a very difficult month since there are only 2 weekends available and many people need to attend business parties or do Chrihstmas shopping. So here is my idea.

Next week I am about to begin a gut renovation on a first floor garden apartment in a trendy section of Brooklyn. The renovation is going to take about 8 weeks more or less. I will not have time to rent it for Jan. soooo I'm thinking why not have this as the base for a party.

Price: Your good spirit and perhaps a little more spirit in a bottle.
Divide the dinner bill.
Dancing in the apartment-Free
Good company---Free
Airfare from TO -- Free, what's your Visa/MC/AmEX card no John?

Hopefully we will have a good response and no need to banter this around for 250+ posts. You know what I mean-LOL

JOHN
I'll be there ... awaiting the card no :)

May 12, 2005
Sounds good to me. Once a definite date is picked let me know. It would be great to have another get together.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
12th would defintely be better - I will need time to recover after coming back from DR before dancing more merengue and asking more questions:) Is there parking near that apartment?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Hey, don't forget your entourage!

I'll be there ... awaiting the card no :)

You're going to take us with you, aren't you Shad?

Your assistant - AnnaC
Your stylist - Audra
Your personal shoppers - Margaret & Nikke
Your dance partner - Wendy
Your dance instructor - Music
Pussy cat dolls - gonzaga, mrs. hifiman, et al.

and many more!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'd love to go to NY who wants to drive ?

Shad?

Your assistant - AnnaC
Your stylist - Audra

and many more!

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Lol

Margaret,

TOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!!

Your assistant - AnnaC
Your stylist - Audra

and many more!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Positive Responses to celebrate my

__1000th post___!! I think we are off to a great start.First thing is the date. I would like to make it the 12th in consideration of the first two respondees, especially our last host of this event. Can't leave him out.
Jan12th at 7:30 / 8pm begin at the apartment. Settled.Now for a guest list.(We'll do restaurant selection as we get closer to the date and take qualified suggestions and decide as a group)

Can someone set up the page for the guest list--"add your name" etc.
Thanks
john

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Hey that sounds wonderful, thanks John, great idea, I was craving a DR1. can we order in??? and there's another Dominican restaurant I believe is also on Bergen and 6th st. "El Yeyo"? :) or "El Yayo"? Any of those Days sound good to me.

The place is "El Viejo YaYo", its on 5th ave & Bergen, I know the manager of that place and its large enough to handle a decent sized gathering, but its not within walking distance to John's place on Smith St. "El Nuevo Cibao" meals is much better and reasonably priced, but the place is too small to hold a gathering. You can order in though.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Johne,

You can put my name or who ever is doing the guest list as as MAYBE (if not in the DR or on my way back).

I been wanting to take a trip to the US. I have a Puerto Rican friend down that way, so if he's not busy, then it's maybe 2.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The address is

The place is "El Viejo YaYo", its on 5th ave & Bergen, I know the manager of that place and its large enough to handle a decent sized gathering, but its not within walking distance to John's place on Smith St. "El Nuevo Cibao" meals is much better and reasonably priced, but the place is too small to hold a gathering. You can order in though.

100 Wyckoff STREET -one half block off of Smith and one block from the Bergen Street stop on the "F" and "G".

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Mini van full of Canadian women

did you in. I took "no" as a "no" NOT my "number". Sorry to give you a no and will send my number to some other needy soul.
LOL JOHN

You could help with the import of desperate women from Canada. ;)
You know our reputation! ;) I think we contribute at least 6% to the GNP of the DR in remitances, we need your support! LOL

Johne,

Send number, or money... Western Union. Besos!

-Stop-

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OK but

You could help with the import of desperate women from Canada. ;)
You know our reputation! ;) I think we contribute at least 6% to the GNP of the DR in remitances, we need your support! LOL

Johnne,

Send number, or money... Western Union. Besos!

-Stop-

Since I mando bi weekly in a Southly direction you "desperate women" are going to wait in the cold 2 weeks out of the month. If thats OK we'll discuss the terms of the contract via PM. Can't have this kind of stuff out for the world to see.

JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
An offer to all desperate women in Canada

What I can do for you is offer you the apartment if you guys would entertain making a trip down to NY for a few days. It would be great to have you all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.