Discotheque

manou125

Oct 23, 2006
Hi, I want to know at what time open and close the discotheque in the dominicain republic, I saw on the other place that they will close to 12h during the week and 2h00 during the week-end, is-it really? Thanks! I went there last 10 years past and never I went go to the bed before 4h00, what's happen there?
Nadia

Spyderdiaz

Jul 15, 2005
I was in DR in September and this curfew was still in affect then. I believe they put this curfew in place to bring down crime in DR.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
I just got back from a 2 week stay in the D.R. Boca Chica. They defininatley have this curfew in effect. And they are enforcing it too. Things sure are different in the D.R. than they used to be. But many locals say it is for the good. I am sure it is hurting alot of busniess's though. But as Spyderdiaz says it is to bring crime down in the country. Just have to change your ways and go out early, still had a blast!!! and can't wait to go back!

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Hey Cotton:
Cosmos is still closed. But Route 66 across the street is now the new disco. The owner is the same though! La Croila across the street is also open, The mad house is now called American Bar I think. There's also a pool room bar further up the street near Isla Bonita. Also the Boathouse at the end of Duarte has a pool table and plays old American music all the time. The Zanzibar next to Cosmos is also closed and has been for a couple of years as well. The most people seem to hang out around La Croila next to the old Route 66 can't remember the new name sorry. Hope this info helps!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hi, I want to know at what time open and close the discotheque in the dominicain republic, I saw on the other place that they will close to 12h during the week and 2h00 during the week-end, is-it really? Thanks! I went there last 10 years past and never I went go to the bed before 4h00, what's happen there?
Nadia
There is talk about lifting the restrictions during the holiday season. I don't know if that will happen.

Some towns like Sosua, the bars close at 1:00am during the week.

I've also been told that the restrictions do not apply to some of the AI's.

BTW, welcome to DR1.